• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the Original Legion of Superheroes Finally Returning to DC
1 1

5 posts in this topic

The variant cover for Batman Superman World's Finest #14 appears to show the return of the original Legion of Superheroes.

Cover

Has anyone heard that this is indeed the case? Really hoping they are coming back as the main Legion in DC.

Been re-reading Geoff John's Action Comics run with Gary Frank that featured the Retro-boot Legion brought in during the Lightning saga in JSA and JLA. Loved the way Johns made them the main Legion again, while still respecting the reboot and threeboot Legions in Legion of Three Worlds. Really hoping this is the case. I still have a conspiracy theory that the Retroboot Legion was supposed to be the ones that came back at the end of Doomsday Clock. We already had the Retroboot Saturn Girl in DC Universe Rebirth and most of the issues of Doomsday Clock. It wasn't until a later issue that she vanished into the ether with her and the rest of the Legion to be replaced by the Bendis Legion at the end of Doomsday Clock. I always figured that Johns intended to bring them back, but with the hiring of Bendis, and Bendis taking over the Legion, he had to incorporate the rebooted Bendis Legion (fiveboot?) into his book. Would make sense of some of the delays as well. Just a theory though...

On 3/9/2023 at 10:14 AM, OtherEric said:

Thank you for pointing this out to me, I'll need to grab a copy.

Do you know if that's a ratio variant or just a standard?

Unfortunately it is a 1:50 variant, so a little pricey. 

On 3/9/2023 at 8:43 AM, BCoffee said:

Unfortunately it is a 1:50 variant, so a little pricey. 

Oof.  I'll probably still grab it... I tracked down the variants on The New Golden Age, and the only LSH reference in that one was a mostly redacted Who's Who page.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:46 AM, OtherEric said:

Oof.  I'll probably still grab it... I tracked down the variants on The New Golden Age, and the only LSH reference in that one was a mostly redacted Who's Who page.

Oh man, I'm super hopeful for Geoff Johns doing us right with whoever the Golden Age active Legionnaire from the future is..