• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remastered Fleischer Superman Animations
1 1

4 posts in this topic

So I’m actually super super excited about this. I know people tend to sour at the thought of revamping old things, but I think seeing the old Fleischer Superman animated series in high res 4K is going to be awesome!

I watched these as a kid in the 80’s for my first time as a massive Superman fan, and they were just the most amazing thing. Can’t believe these came out a mere 3 years after Action 1. Max Fleischer was just way ahead of his time!

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/home-entertainment/warner-bros-has-restored-the-classic-superman-theatrical-shorts-226773.html

12838698-DFE6-45A7-AB32-C1276B10D6F2.jpeg

The main details:

• Warner Bros. did 4K, 16-bit scans from the original 35mm successive exposure negatives. The raw scans were then entered into the recombine process utilizing proprietary software to merge the successive exposure Technicolor negatives into a single RGB color image. The scans were done in the original theatrical aspect ratio of 1.37-to-1.
  • Special features include a new featurette (Superman: Speeding Toward Tomorrow) and two previously-produced featurettes (First Flight: The Fleischer Superman Series – The Origins and Influence of This Groundbreaking Cartoon Series and The Man, the Myth, Superman: Exploring the Tradition of Superman Heroes on the Page and Screen).
  • The set will be available on May 16 to purchase digitally for $14.99 from Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV, Google Play, Vudu, and other platforms, as well as for $33.99 on Blu-ray.