• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarlane Sessions and the road to 200!
1 1

McFarlane Session Good or Bad  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Were the McFarlane Signing Sessions a Good or Bad Thing for the Hobby?

3 posts in this topic

It's been a fun year so far collecting and building my registry set "The Universal Comic Collection" (link below)! I was excited to be able to acquire 14 comics from the McFarlane signing sessions at CGC, these included a variety of his characters: Spider-Man, Spawn, Gunslinger Spawn and Wolverine. These acquisitions brought my collection close to the 200 comic milestone and while quantity has never been a concern or factor in my collection this milestone is a bit exciting! 

While I really appreciate the Signature Series comics that came from the McFarlane sessions, I'm curious how the rest of you fell about them? I do hope there will be no more signing sessions by Todd at CGC, as to not saturate the market.

Have fun collecting and I hope you find the elusive issues you're looking for!

THE UNIVERSAL COMIC COLLECTION - Custom Set (collectors-society.com)

cgc1.jpg

On 3/16/2023 at 1:22 PM, Dave Ski said:

While I really appreciate the Signature Series comics that came from the McFarlane sessions, I'm curious how the rest of you fell about them? I do hope there will be no more signing sessions by Todd at CGC, as to not saturate the market.

I think it’s safe to say the market is already over saturated for Todd signatures. Didn’t he sign like 35,000 books or something? 

Yep a lot of his popular books dropped onto the market but I also see this as another reason for me to get the books he signed, signed by other people. Yes its a gamble sending it back in to cgc for them to crack it instead of me being meticulous in how I do my own cracking, but Ill take solace in knowing that book will then be more unique in the field of millions of todd only books. Sent my 9.4 asm 300 in for the michelinie signing but I'm not holding my breath for it to come back same grade even with the "insurance" of them pressing it too. So, I could be lucky and get it back same grade or it'd take a hit. All a gamble and Im not very good at gambling. lol