• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO's TRUE DETECTIVES: NIGHT COUNTRY (2023)
1 1

64 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2024 at 9:12 AM, Jayman said:

With all the spiritual aspects of this season especially with all the “She’s awake” comments, I was getting flashbacks of the first season of The Terror.

IMG_3061.jpeg

I've been kind of meaning to go back and watch this because I find the real expedition that inspired it interesting, but you just convinced me not to.  I guess I could tell they went supernatural just with the title and it seemed evident in the trailers I saw, and you just confirmed it.  :cry:

The Tsalal research mission statement screen capped from one of the episodes.  Founded by Lund, i.e. the guy who somehow survived his ice tomb, their hope was somewhat open-ended, but they apparently had some reason to believe it would lead to "the cure for aging."

GEgEeRIXAAA639Y?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by fantastic_four

“True Detective” has been renewed for Season 5 at HBO. Issa López, the creator of “True Detective: Night Country,” will helm the fifth season under her new overall deal with HBO.

The renewal comes as little surprise, given the success of “Night Country,” which saw Jodie Foster and Kali Reis star in the fourth installment of the HBO anthology series. Per HBO, the season is the most-watched installment of the show to date, with 12.7 million cross platform viewers. The season finale on Feb. 18 was the most-watched episode of the season, drawing 3.2 million viewers across HBO and Max. That represents a 57% increase over the show’s premiere viewership in January.

“From conception to release, ‘Night Country’ has been the most beautiful collaboration and adventure of my entire creative life,” López said. “HBO trusted my vision all the way, and the idea of bringing to life a new incarnation of ‘True Detective’ with Casey, Francesca and the whole team is a dream come true. I can’t wait to go again.”

“Issa Lopez is that one-of-a-kind, rare talent that speaks directly to HBO’s creative spirit,” added Francesca Orsi, executive vice president of HBO Programming and head of HBO drama series and films. “She helmed ‘True Detective: Night Country’ from start to finish, never once faltering from her own commendable vision, and inspiring us with her resilience both on the page and behind the camera. Alongside Jodie and Kali’s impeccable performances, she’s made this installation of the franchise a massive success, we are so lucky to have her as part of our family.”