• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody here read Glen Gold's Playboy article on OA last December ?

29 posts in this topic

I haven't read it, but it's interesting to see what people parse out of it. If you want to downplay the hobby, you point out the extreme measures that some people take to get their hands on art (maxing out credit cards, etc. And wasn't there a homeless guy anecdotally mentioned?) If you think the future is bright you play up the gaudy sales numbers...

People READ Playboy?

I only have one copy in my possession and that is definitely for the article- it's an Anthony Burgess interview from around the time that A Clockwork Orange was out in theaters.

Ohh! Now that would be a cool read! 893applaud-thumb.gif

People READ Playboy?

I only have one copy in my possession and that is definitely for the article- it's an Anthony Burgess interview from around the time that A Clockwork Orange was out in theaters.

Ohh! Now that would be a cool read! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Burgess is scary smart.

PM me a fax number and I can fax it to you.

I also found a very interesting article by Harlan Ellison about comics from a 1980-something issue. Talks about the Dark Knight and other books from that era. Kinda cool to find that type of stuff.

The cover of that issue was used by Tim Vigil as the model for a Faust cover: You can see it here on the left of the page.

I have it at home somewhere.

I sent a photocopy of the article to Hari early this year. It was an interesting article. I'll see if I can dig it up this weekend.

I have it as well. KK, if you PM me a fax number I'll fax it to you or mail you a photocopy.

I also found a cool article by Harlan Ellison from the late 1980s about the comics genre at the time. It's an interesting read from today's perspective.