• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Am I Missing with Mile High Comics...
4 4

85 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, Doctor Obscure said:

Not trying to troll... genuinely wondering what the deal is, what your thoughts are. Can prices go up if the store in question is notable due to ads within comics? I'm asking seriously here...

Just as a random example. Iceman #2 is 65.00 in NM at Mile High Comics. Sixty-Five Dollars. 

What am I missing.

By contrast, Iceman #2 is 7.20 in VF at MyComicShop.  Seven Dollars and Twenty Cents. No, I do not work at MCS and I have no prior interaction with Mile High. I genuinely went on Mile High to look for back issues and initially thought there was a mistake with the various non key eighties books I looked at.

So... what am I missing about this store?

On 5/10/2023 at 8:12 AM, lordbyroncomics said:

sorry, 60% off of $65.00 for Iceman #2 is not worth the trouble of entering codes.

The likelihood of any copy of Iceman #2 that MHC has being NM is arguably quite low. Every copy is more likely to be 7.5, with one perhaps being 8.0 to 8.5. The chance of receiving that one higher condition copy is extremely low.

On 4/24/2023 at 8:21 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

Was Chuck cool with you guys taking photos? For as outrageous as his sales are, I've gotten the impression he's very easygoing with people enjoying the store.

Everyone was friendly and no one told me to stop recording as I walked through the store and looked at the display cases during my 2 hour visit last year. 

Edited by shatter998
added "last year"