• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are used games worth grading?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hey all

I have a lot of ps1, ps2 and ps3 games, they are all opened and used

Do these have any real value to them? Does everything hinge on condition? 

I have some limited edition tins, FFXII to be specific, is this something that is valued?

Thanks 😊 

Yeah, condition is always important, I haven't seen very many CIB PlayStation games, but would not be surprised to see some FF7, Silent Hill, Castlevania, and a few others in the future.

As far as FFXII collectors edition, you can still find sealed copies for $50-$100 and CIB's run around $10-$20 so spending $50 on a CIB for that would probably not be worth your effort or money.

Also, I don't see that version in the list of games you can submit, pretty sure they don't do steelbooks at this time. Shame, because I have a few steelbooks  I want to get graded. :cry:

Take a look at what you have and see what it sells for to determine if it's worth your money, for instance PS1 Silent Hill CIB sells for around $200, if you have something like that, in like new condition, then maybe send it.

If it's not worth the grading fee (figure $50 with shipping to CGC), then don't bother. (unless it's just something you want in your collection)

I have a number of graded games that are probably not worth the fees, but I wanted a copy for my collection despite that. Depends what you collect.

Edited by Makmorn

On 4/20/2023 at 5:37 AM, Makmorn said:

Yeah, condition is always important, I haven't seen very many CIB PlayStation games, but would not be surprised to see some FF7, Silent Hill, Castlevania, and a few others in the future.

As far as FFXII collectors edition, you can still find sealed copies for $50-$100 and CIB's run around $10-$20 so spending $50 on a CIB for that would probably not be worth your effort or money.

Also, I don't see that version in the list of games you can submit, pretty sure they don't do steelbooks at this time. Shame, because I have a few steelbooks  I want to get graded. :cry:

Take a look at what you have and see what it sells for to determine if it's worth your money, for instance PS1 Silent Hill CIB sells for around $200, if you have something like that, in like new condition, then maybe send it.

If it's not worth the grading fee (figure $50 with shipping to CGC), then don't bother. (unless it's just something you want in your collection)

I have a number of graded games that are probably not worth the fees, but I wanted a copy for my collection despite that. Depends what you collect.

Thank you for your information. I am guessing that CIB means complete in box, as in the disk, manual and jewel case are in tact?

Where is a good source to price these out? All the games I own are CIB. Kinda wish I had Silent Hill lol

You can always check eBay sold items (that's usually different from what people are asking)

Not always 100% accurate, but pricecharting.com keeps a pretty good record, sometimes the records are not correct, but you can get a good idea. (I have seen stuff listed as sold, when in fact it was just a cancelled listing)

On 4/20/2023 at 7:48 AM, Makmorn said:

You can always check eBay sold items (that's usually different from what people are asking)

Not always 100% accurate, but pricecharting.com keeps a pretty good record, sometimes the records are not correct, but you can get a good idea. (I have seen stuff listed as sold, when in fact it was just a cancelled listing)

Thanks