• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$20,000 AF15 Comic Book STOLEN at MegaCon 2023!
7 7

184 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2023 at 3:40 AM, Steven Valdez said:

Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020.

Firearms accounted for nearly 19% of childhood deaths (ages 1-18) in 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Wonder database. Nearly 3,600 children died in gun-related incidents that year. That’s about five children lost for every 100,000 children in the United States. In no other comparable country are firearms within the top four causes of mortality among children, according to a KFF analysis.

No, cancer is. This is incorrect data.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:14 AM, Steven Valdez said:

I provided statistics from a named study. Can you do likewise?

I did the same showing how both of you were correct based on whether you were talking about US (guns #1 cause) vs global (disease #1 cause) and it appears to have been removed but I also included a comic related topic in it that was very pertinent to the discussion which I thought was an interesting way to prevent theft at cons.

Back to comics. Does anyone know if Collectors insurrance covers theft at conventions? If not, why not?  If so, then this should just be an insurance and police matter. It sucks to have things stolen from us but if insurance covers the full value of it then the seller should be made whole.