• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED -- Impact #1, Twilight Zone #1, GA Archie, B&V #15, United Nations, All Funny #16, etc
1 1

48 posts in this topic

5 Simple Rules (Please, please read)

:rulez:

1st :takeit: wins; tie/indeterminate goes to the thread.

Payment is Check or Money Order (yeah, yeah I know I'm a dinosaur, troglodyte, luddite, mennonite, hermaphrodite etc. - I just don't have or want e-payments.)

Shipping: Via USPS Priority Legal Flat at $10, or Medium Priority box at $17.

Don't be listy (tsk) including the little one in my head.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days of receipt and get it back to me in the same shape on your dime, except no returns on graded books.

(Kudos thread linked under my avatar.)

Edited by Readcomix

Lots of likes on that Battle #1 — open to reasonable offers. I tried to price it fairly as I could based on the 2 HA comps I could find; feel free to look at those 2 closely and let me know if you read the tea leaves differently in triangulating among the three copies.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:33 AM, Readcomix said:

Probably jinking myself, but..

I am looking at possibly upgrading a PCH (non-EC) #1 today, so a tasty undercopy might also come up here later. :wishluck:

Update…. I got it! :banana:

Now I have to decide which one is the undercopy :tonofbricks:

Got a handful of other things with it, one of which is read and release for here, and a couple others of which will show up over in my Rochester Garbage Plate thread over in Mixed…

On 4/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, Readcomix said:

Now I have to decide which one is the undercopy :tonofbricks:

:eek:

Ok, I hemmed and hawed for days over which to keep, even thought about keeping both copies. But I fell back to my usual tie-breaker — keep the one I had first if the new one is not a clear upgrade. This one is structurally better than mine, similar PQ, but has some cover fade….

Cupid #2 (Marvel 1949) in Fair, maaaaaybe FR/GD. Cover detached at upper staple, and that top right cover corner chunk is missing, obviously. Long-rumored (Overstreet still says so) to be a Bettie Page cover, but GCD and cgc don’t agree. GCD says it is Maggi Long, same photo shoot as Miss America #4. (shrug)

Only four on census; last HA sale the Crippen D (cgc 8.0) in 2018 at $480.

$100

30C6446E-1EFF-4F24-99BD-4E64039AC0F5.jpeg

22171099-F774-47B1-A049-050DB44A5A8D.jpeg

AFEC675F-502A-485E-A570-BE58E45CC018.jpeg