• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Untitled Star Wars Film - Directed by Dave Filoni

3 posts in this topic

Didn’t see a thread for this film, but please merge if there is one. 

Aside from this being the culmination of the Mandoverse, there hasn’t been too much out there about it.

Saw this last night. Besides wrapping up the events in Mando, Ahsoka and BoBF, this could be another vehicle for a lot of Legends characters to make their way into canon. 

Also, I knew Favreau was going to be involved somehow. 

Here’s the article that story was sourced from that goes into a bit more detail and better quotes from Filoni. I haven’t paid attention to his quotes about the sequel trilogy, but this is probably the closest we’d get to say he didn’t agree with their direction or setting. He seems like a genuinely nice and positive guy that this is probably the closest he ever gets to throwing shade at something lol 

Link - EW.com

As for setting all the series a few years after Return of the Jedi — the beginning of The Mandalorian takes place five years after ROTJ — Filoni feels it's the perfect gap just waiting to be filled. "Growing up with the original [films], Return of the Jediwas the end," he says. "But then you're always like: But what happens next? And then when Episode VII was set so many years later, when I was a kid, I never would've thought it would've been that much later, but it made sense. It created an opening where you go, 'Wow so a lot of the things that we knew before are probably in there. How do we excavate that?'"

Favreau hints that it may not just be characters and planets from the TV shows that pop up in their film — a hint backed up by Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy, who told EW that there are "a lot of sources he's drawing from to see where we're going." And it seems like some of those sources could even be ones that are no longer considered canon since the newer films charted a different course.

"When I was younger, we didn't have movies, but there were comic books, there were novels, things that are encompassed in the [expanded universe] or Legends," Favreau says. "Clearly, there are decisions that have to be made to fit it all together, but for us, I think one thing we're in agreement about is that the characters — as special as they are — the story has to drive what characters are."

Edited by awakeintheashes