• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warner Bros.'s BABYLON 5: THE ROAD HOME animated movie by J. Michael Straczynski (2023)

8 posts in this topic

A week ago, Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski revealed that a new animated film from the franchise was in the works, and now more details are coming to the surface.

Babylon 5: The Road Home will continue the story he started in the 1990s, with the logline stating, “Travel across the galaxy with John Sheridan as he unexpectedly finds himself transported through multiple timelines and alternate realities in a quest to find his way back home. Along the way he reunites with some familiar faces, while discovering cosmic new revelations about the history, purpose, and meaning of the Universe.”

Returning Babylon 5 castmembers include Bruce Boxleitner as John Sheridan, Claudia Christian as Susan Ivanova, Peter Jurasik as Londo Mollari, Bill Mumy as Lennier, Tracy Scoggins as Elizabeth Lochley and Patricia Tallman as Lyta Alexander.

Straczynski wrote the film and executive produces. Matt Peters, known for Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons, directs, with Rick Morales serving as supervising producer. Sam Register is the executive producer on the project.

The voice cast also includes Paul Guyet as Zathras and Jeffery Sinclair, Anthony Hansen as Michael Garibaldi, Mara Junot as Reporter and Computer Voice, Phil LaMarr as Dr. Stephen Franklin, Piotr Michael as David Sheridan, Andrew Morgado as G’Kar and Rebecca Riedy as Delenn.

Edited by Bosco685

On 5/11/2023 at 2:21 PM, Mystafo said:

Wasn't expecting an animated thing...interesting.  I am an enormous B5 mark though so I'll keep watching for more info.

I bought all five seasons of Babylon 5 from someone on here years ago. Still have them to this day.

I want to buy the VUDU digital combined set. But I'll wait until they have a really good sale.

This seems like a better idea to me than the reboot.  The J. J. Abrams Star Trek reboot kinda worked because it was fun seeing younger actors reinterpret the classic Kirk/Spock/McCoy/Scotty dynamic.  But B5 was much more plot-driven.  Heck, JMS swapped out his main character after Season 1 without missing a beat.  So just continue that storyline.  Animation works.  Or do a next generation mash-up of B5 and Crusade.