• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wtf with Wonder Woman Book Value
3 3

23 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2023 at 2:44 PM, Kramerica said:

Those Wonder Woman's command a high price and will continue to do so.

The Brian Bolland covers and later the Adam Hughes covers are quick sellers at $5-15 depending on the cover. Or more. The George Perez issues are maybe (I said maybe!) his finest work.

Wonder Woman is also one of very few female superheroes so lots of females gravitate towards it - they don't have many choices and the demand kinda outweighs the supply. Male superheroes have a million choices so you're never going to have to pay more than $3 for Superman. The movies were successful, Gal Gadot is awesome and oh yeah, there are a lot of boobs on display.

Girl Power. It's a fun run to collect and in my opinion it warrants the higher price tag than other Post-Crisis books like Flash (which is awful), Superman (boring), Superboy (terrible) and on and on. Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad and JLI were the only books I read from DC because of the quality. And boobs.

This right here is the answer. 

+1

On 13/05/2023 at 21:44, Kramerica said:

Ces Wonder Woman commandent un prix élevé et continueront de le faire.

Les couvertures de Brian Bolland et plus *spoon* les couvertures d'Adam Hughes se vendent rapidement à 5-15 $ selon la couverture. Ou plus. Les numéros de George Perez sont peut-être (j'ai dit peut-être !) son plus beau travail.

Wonder Woman est également l'une des rares super-héroïnes féminines, donc beaucoup de femmes gravitent autour d'elle - elles n'ont pas beaucoup de choix et la demande dépasse un peu l'offre. Les super-héros masculins ont un million de choix, vous n'aurez donc jamais à payer plus de 3 $ pour Superman. Les films ont eu du succès, Gal Gadot est géniale et oh oui, il y a beaucoup de seins exposés.

Pouvoir des filles. C'est une course amusante à collectionner et à mon avis, cela justifie le prix plus élevé que d'autres livres post-crise comme Flash (qui est affreux), Superman (ennuyeux), Superboy (terrible) et ainsi de suite. Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad et JLI sont les seuls livres que j'ai lus de DC en raison de leur qualité. Et les seins.

Hmmm... im interested by your advice . What's the timeline you include in your jugement to said Flash is awful and Superman boring? 

I've been collecting Wonder Woman books for more than 20 years. I got talked into the series because they were "under priced"...I really wanted to collect Batman, but most of the early  Detective issues were out of my price range.

They have always been priced lower than the "boy series"...if they are moving up at all, it's a miracle, lol.

I've been waiting for other women to discover her for a long time;)

I have a small bunch of doubles from the 2nd series, when I looked them up, they weren't selling for a ton of money if you looked at completeds on eBay.