• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Niagara Falls Comic Con - June 9 -11, 2023
1 1

25 posts in this topic

My family is taking a short vacation in June to visit the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I just noticed that our trip overlaps with the 2023 Niagara Falls Comic Con. I’m thinking about stopping by for a couple hours on June 10th and was wondering if anyone had previous experience with this convention and/or is planning on attending this year.

Edited by C. Spaulding

On 5/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Yup, been to the show a few times.

what would you like to know?

I’m mostly interested in seeing if this is a decent convention for comic collectors versus a conference dominated by pop culture. I definitely don’t mind a mix of the two areas, but I only collect golden age and it seems to be a struggle finding many dealers with older books at some (not all) larger conventions. I was just curious if this has been a fruitful convention in the past for comics.

On 5/22/2023 at 5:25 PM, C. Spaulding said:

I’m mostly interested in seeing if this is a decent convention for comic collectors versus a conference dominated by pop culture. I definitely don’t mind a mix of the two areas, but I only collect golden age and it seems to be a struggle finding many dealers with older books at some (not all) larger conventions. I was just curious if this has been a fruitful convention in the past for comics.

We set up at this show and have for several years.  It's a good fun con because it's in Niagara Ontario.  There likely won't be many golden age books in the room, however, if you are looking for silver/bronze/copper marvel/dc we'll have a good stock of that.  Last year we did more business at NFCC than we did at Toronto Comic Con.

They don't have the dealer list up so I don't know all of who is coming, but there of course will be your typical con vendors these days from plushies to swords to comics to funkos etc

On 5/22/2023 at 7:13 PM, Iceman399 said:

We set up at this show and have for several years.  It's a good fun con because it's in Niagara Ontario.  There likely won't be many golden age books in the room, however, if you are looking for silver/bronze/copper marvel/dc we'll have a good stock of that.  Last year we did more business at NFCC than we did at Toronto Comic Con.

They don't have the dealer list up so I don't know all of who is coming, but there of course will be your typical con vendors these days from plushies to swords to comics to funkos etc

Great! Thank you for the info. I’m looking forward to stopping by.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:34 AM, old_dano said:

Forest City Coins will be set up again this year (thirdgreenham "Andy" on the boards) and he usually has some golden age.

I will be there the whole weekend helping Andy out !!!

Come by the booth and introduce yourself  :)

Awesome. I’ll make sure to stop by.

On 5/23/2023 at 11:34 AM, old_dano said:

Forest City Coins will be set up again this year (thirdgreenham "Andy" on the boards) and he usually has some golden age.

I will be there the whole weekend helping Andy out !!!

Come by the booth and introduce yourself  :)

I thought you were helping me out :baiting: You can unload the vehicle and I can sit and enjoy a beverage.

On 5/26/2023 at 10:46 AM, Iceman399 said:

I thought you were helping me out :baiting: You can unload the vehicle and I can sit and enjoy a beverage.

Hmm.... I thought we could relax and have drinks while Jim does the unloading and setting up...

On 5/22/2023 at 5:25 PM, C. Spaulding said:

The last NFCC that I attended (just before COVID), I was able to grab a bunch of nice Bronze and Silver-Age books at a decent price. This one was around 120 CDN raw (on a wall rack) and I was able to get Bob Layton to sign it. There were some pretty good deals and a great crowd.

Iron Man 128 98.jpg

On 6/6/2023 at 3:58 PM, Ron C. said:

The last NFCC that I attended (just before COVID), I was able to grab a bunch of nice Bronze and Silver-Age books at a decent price. This one was around 120 CDN raw (on a wall rack) and I was able to get Bob Layton to sign it. There were some pretty good deals and a great crowd.

Iron Man 128 98.jpg

I’m looking forward to it!