• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

City Of Heroes MMO RPC possibly resurrected.

3 posts in this topic

I was surfing the web when I came across a link referencing the Superheroes MMO RPG City of Heroes 

It looks like the game has been resurrected as City of Heroes: Homecoming

Info is located at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/

Plays like original game and so far has not asked for payment. 

Anyone playing?

Edited by Ares

On 5/23/2023 at 4:49 PM, Ares said:

I was surfing the web when I came across a link referencing the Superheroes MMO RPG City of Heroes 

It looks like the game has been resurrected as City of Heroes: Homecoming

Info is located at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/

Plays like original game and so far has not asked for payment. 

Anyone playing?

City of Heroes Rebirth The Best Superhero MMO Game

I play on the rebirth server.  There are a few out there, Homecoming, Rebirth, Thunderspy (those are the top ones) and a couple others.  All are slightly different.

Homecoming - Was the first and also it has added in a lot of "quality of life" features that were not on the main game when it shut down.  Some people like the adds, some people don't.

Rebirth - The dev team for this server has kept it the most like the original game when it shut down.  They have added a few quality of life features, but it is most similar to the original game.

Thunderspy - The dev team here has gone balls out with customization of not only your own hero/villain but also the pets you can summon.

All of them are free to play (you just have to set up accounts and what not), on Rebirth they do a once a year "fund drive" to keep the servers up to date and also pay for the bandwith (it is optional to toss a few coins, not required to play).

Edited by media_junkie

On 5/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, media_junkie said:

City of Heroes Rebirth The Best Superhero MMO Game

I play on the rebirth server.  There are a few out there, Homecoming, Rebirth, Thunderspy (those are the top ones) and a couple others.  All are slightly different.

Homecoming - Was the first and also it has added in a lot of "quality of life" features that were not on the main game when it shut down.  Some people like the adds, some people don't.

Rebirth - The dev team for this server has kept it the most like the original game when it shut down.  They have added a few quality of life features, but it is most similar to the original game.

Thunderspy - The dev team here has gone balls out with customization of not only your own hero/villain but also the pets you can summon.

All of them are free to play (you just have to set up accounts and what not), on Rebirth they do a once a year "fund drive" to keep the servers up to date and also pay for the bandwith (it is optional to toss a few coins, not required to play).

OOOh I have to check out that version