• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you buy
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Hi there just wondering what would you buy if you had the chance

marvel premier 15 3.0

new mutants 98 9.0

strange tales 169 6.0

ASM 654 2nd print first agent venom NM 9.4+

marvel super heroes 20 4.0

marvel spotlight 32 cgc graded 7.5 

ASM 39 VG 3.0-4.0

On 6/2/2023 at 7:34 AM, Average RE said:

marvel premier 15 3.0

new mutants 98 9.0

strange tales 169 6.0

ASM 39 VG 3.0-4.0

That's kind of an odd motley crew of choices. Of those, I like the ASM #39 the best. But then I always gravitate to the oldest stuff.

Are you a Spidey guy? What characters and books do you really love?

Even though I liked all things comic, I did have my main titles I was drawn too.  Avengers, Spidey, FF, X-Men.  Then I was a DC War and Marvel Western too.  While I did concentrate on those I still bought other things too.  Of your list I would go for ASM #39.  But I would go for the things you really, really like first.  Of course I would really, really like an Amazing Fantasy 15, but that didn't happen.  :insane:

On 6/2/2023 at 8:45 AM, Average RE said:

I’m a Spider-Man fan but I enjoy it all really which is annoying as a collector because I want it all 😂. I do like the Bronze Age art the most 

Cool! Do you have the bronze Spidey keys? ASM 121 & 122, that sort of thing? Again, I like ASM 39 from your original list.

Just my opinion but most of the books you listed are 'neither fish nor fowl' -- not compelling enough to buy content-wise if you're kinda on the fence (as they are easy enough to find), and not investment-worthy in those grades (such that if you decide to resell them you'll necessarily make your money back).  

I’m at that point in my ASM collecting where I’m trying to get the bigs keys I have the ASM bronze keys but I’m trying to get the 01-14 issues and 50 I got 15. I’ve sold loads of my modern collection to get some silver age FF4 keys and my ASM 15. I would like to get a avengers 4 as well one day 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Not being a Spidey guy myself, Spotlight 32 in 7.5 might be your best choice followed by marvel superheroes 20 4.0 if it presents well. That cover being all black and solo Dr. Doom make it a very desirable book. I’d wait on the copper/modern stuff to level off in prices because those are never gonna be htf books. Premiere in that grade is pretty much a pass unless it’s some kind of mj or double cover variant but since you are a Spidey guy, go for the ASM 39. Early Spidey books are consistently holding value and are probably gonna be the harder to get books if you wait too long

On 6/2/2023 at 7:34 AM, Average RE said:

marvel premier 15 3.0

new mutants 98 9.0

strange tales 169 6.0

ASM 39 VG 3.0-4.0

NM 98

If it was in better condition, I’d be in a probable minority of picking Marvel Premiere 15.

One of my favourite Bronze Age origins, some very nice Gil Kane artwork.

nothing modern,

but are we assuming they're all the same price? and you can buy only one?

when in doubt, spiderman never fails.

Interesting list.  My first reaction was like that of others and leaned towards the ASM, but reading through others remarks and looking up the items in question I remembered that once upon a time I was interested in finding a Spotlight 32, and now that prices are coming down ya' got me thinking!  Thanks for the interesting question and list. :cheers: