• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now I'm gonna' spoil it all by sayin' somethin' stupid like...

29 posts in this topic

Imagine though...you have a near pristine copy of a comic, newsstand fresh. I personally would welcome the chance to go back a couple of decades, sit back and read the comic. If you could find a 7-11 to sit infront of the comic racks would be a bonus. The enjoyment that comes from such an experience is lost as you grow older. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. And an aspect that keeps this hobby chugging along... cloud9.gif

Now you can call me a strange bird... smirk.gif

Jim

I still do thumbsup2.gif

I love reading my raw hi grade silvers!!

Uh no, the person who wants to break out a 9.4 GS1 to read it. I assume its all a joke but still strange.

Ok, I"ve done it. Now, for my next trick....

....gonna send all my 200 + copies of Dazzler 1 to CGC and get them graded. I'm sure at least 1's gotta' be a 9.6 or better.

I'm gonna' be rich. yay.gif

I think I may have given this thread a wrong title. I guess I should have called it

"Stupid things a dumb collector does to his collection."

Imagine though...you have a near pristine copy of a comic, newsstand fresh. I personally would welcome the chance to go back a couple of decades, sit back and read the comic. If you could find a 7-11 to sit infront of the comic racks would be a bonus. The enjoyment that comes from such an experience is lost as you grow older. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. And an aspect that keeps this hobby chugging along... cloud9.gif

Now you can call me a strange bird... smirk.gif

Jim

I agree about the nostalgia part,I think it's in my DNA..........but something's changed.I no longer want to read the books I grew up with.(I also watch very few movies multiple times).I just want to buy all my books in slabs(I get a big kick out of early Ditko,Kirby,& Romita covers).I did buy 5 ASM Masterworks 1-50,but I have books in slabs that I have never even read as a kid.(Is there even a Tales to Astonish Ant-Man Masterworks?).I do know that I would never crack a book out of a slab,because even though I think I may never sell it,life has a way of throwing a curveball at you. And if I need money in a pinch,I know I'll get more money with it in it's plastic coffin........at least until the next scandal...... boo.gif