• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THERE AND BACK AGAIN: A Collectors Tale

98 posts in this topic

Thanks to eBay and a few forum members over the years, the following tale in pictures is possible.

Original childhood copy.

Massive ameteur restoration. crazy.gif

Front cover detached (taped to the back of a cover I cannibalized from another comic).

Missing back cover (replaced with another cannibalized cover).

batman185old0jr.jpg

Did your parents feed you? Looks like you tried to eat the books, but stopped halfway through. 27_laughing.gif At least you found some really nice copies, and apparently some CGC'd copies as to prevent the desire to eat them as well.

Did your parents feed you? Looks like you tried to eat the books, but stopped halfway through. 27_laughing.gif At least you found some really nice copies, and apparently some CGC'd copies as to prevent the desire to eat them as well.

I never tried to eat them, but our dogs always did manage to get ahold of and naw on a few of my books. frustrated.gif

These comics were just well loved...well read...and survived many a car trip all over the country to help me pass the time (with nary a bag or board in sight). Although, I think my high-tech restoration techniques did more harm than good. tongue.gif

I think it's awsome that you've held on to them....i wish i had mine, but my dad routinely threw out my collection as a kid cause comics were bad for me devil.gif

I think it's awsome that you've held on to them....i wish i had mine, but my dad routinely threw out my collection as a kid cause comics were bad for me devil.gif

Yeah, I'm glad I kept them too. My parents didn't mind them because it got us to read and helped keep us quiet on long road trips/vacations.

More scans to follow soon. crazy.gif

Bug, this is the 17th coolest thread you have ever started...

Which may not sound like a big compliment... but considering you have started nearly 2700 threads, this one is pretty cool. thumbsup2.gif