• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Scam That Got Thru...

135 posts in this topic

Are you really arguing that CGC missing disassembly is "no big deal"?

Should I draw this in crayon for you? English does not seem to be working. I'm arguing that disassembly in and of itself is not restoration and therefore should not be noted as such.

But...it should be noted...right?

juggle.gif

27_laughing.gif I know, I know, after thirteen pages of invective, speculation and spleen you shouldn't laugh, but that is funny.
Well it keeps everyones minds ticking 27_laughing.gif

To be honest that last post of Beyonder's elevates this thread to one of the best of the year...talk about a punchline!!!

news.gifTHERE WAS NO MENNEN INSERT news.gif

Typo. foreheadslap.gif

Source of this info, please?

And if the presence of a Mennen insert would theoretically make this copy more valuable, as Jim has said, then CGC still goofed pretty badly by putting it on the label, no?

Typo. foreheadslap.gif

And if the presence of a Mennen insert would theoretically make this copy more valuable, as Jim has said, then CGC still goofed pretty badly by putting it on the label, no?

Borock posted in the IM 1 thread in the grading/resto forum. And "yes"...CGC still "goofed" significantly.

Typo. foreheadslap.gif

Borock posted in the IM 1 thread in the grading/resto forum. And "yes"...CGC still "goofed" significantly.

Did they remember grading the book? I don't see how people would remember that.

Typo. foreheadslap.gif

The ASM 129 was shipped back to CGC & upon cracking the book SB discovered that there was no Mennen Insert. "cut&paste" error. Anything else? poke2.gif

Typo. foreheadslap.gif

The ASM 129 was shipped back to CGC & upon cracking the book SB discovered that there was no Mennen Insert. "cut&paste" error. Anything else? poke2.gif

foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif Nobody's perfect. thumbsup2.gif They should have the system set up so that it can't accept entries for certain inserts UNLESS the comic was published in certain month(s).

Typo. foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif Nobody's perfect. thumbsup2.gif They should have the system set up so that it can't accept entries for certain inserts UNLESS the comic was published in certain month(s).

Great idea. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Borock posted in the IM 1 thread in the grading/resto forum.

foreheadslap.gif

Well, at least it sounds like they got it back and are fixing their error. Kudos to Awe4one for catching this error! 893applaud-thumb.gif

but did it grade the same?