• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 35 CGC 9.8 (only one) Auction

65 posts in this topic

sold a 9.4 white about 2 years ago for $1225 so $4700 does not sound like a lot for X men, Spidey, black cover, only 9.8 white pages early silver age.....just my opinion.....i would not be surprised if the book hit well over that.

Does Doug know about this book

Probably not. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sold a 9.4 white about 2 years ago for $1225 so $4700 does not sound like a lot for X men, Spidey, black cover, only 9.8 white pages early silver age.....just my opinion.....i would not be surprised if the book hit well over that.

Does Doug know about this book poke2.gif

Can i say i told you so? yay.gif

I sold a 9.4 white about 2 years ago for $1225 so $4700 does not sound like a lot for X men, Spidey, black cover, only 9.8 white pages early silver age.....just my opinion.....i would not be surprised if the book hit well over that.

What, is "mysticrealist" Doug Schmell?

yup. Im disoriented by that sale price! I know it makes some sort of sense, being a Spidey/XMen crossover..... but.... whow

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, you guys must really, really, really like X-men 35 to pay that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think anyone here has bid on it.

High bidder is a big time registry user (super duper X-Men set) and some time forum member poster. All around good guy, and I hope he wins it!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Who is it in the registry? I see the high bidder has bought from you before.

I am just going to through this out there - the high bidder has bought 15 books or so off of EJAENTER from eBay, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmI wonder why that name id rings a bell.

yup. Im disoriented by that sale price! I know it makes some sort of sense, being a Spidey/XMen crossover..... but.... whow

The price is ridiculous, and this coming from a X-Men collector. 15 times guide? I picked up the same issue in 9.4 with white pages for $1350. Side by side with the 9.8, I am sure there are hardly any striking differences.

The price is ridiculous, and this coming from a X-Men collector. 15 times guide? I picked up the same issue in 9.4 with white pages for $1350. Side by side with the 9.8, I am sure there are hardly any striking differences.

Tom, did you pick up your copy from reliant-5?

Roy.

must have been almost1.5-2 years ago. That book was just awsome...perfect spine with a bit of edge wear at the top if i'm not mistaken 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

on one hand, its exciting to witness another felloe collector spending freely for killer books he wants and can (presumably) afford. But on the other hand, you hate to see a friend do foolish things! Like overpaying for books in a feverish passion for the best.

yeah but is it so feverish? I mean there are two of the more popular Marvel Characters (o.k. so one is a group), in a NM/M white paged SA book with a black cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree....maybe an FF #12 in 9.0 white pages and some money left over for a reader? tongue.gif

yeah, along those lines.... or a first appearance in 9.0 or 9.2... But who knows, in 5 years maybe this crossover will b eth ebig book to have based on the success of th emovie franchises or something..