• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how do you know/convince yourself it's time to sell....and then how do you decide how to sell?
1 1

47 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2023 at 7:29 PM, Will_K said:

Given that you don't really like D ick Dillin, have you ever seen any Dillin Phantom Stranger art that you do like ?

It’s all the same problem. Simple lines, basic page structures, perfect for a coloring book.Could there be some nice pages? Maybe, if you like the style. I don’t. Shame too, because I have seen a little pre-JLA artwork that I liked much more.

On 8/13/2023 at 6:01 PM, Dr. Balls said:

:eek: And I thought I had a tight focus. I'm loosey-goosey compared to that. How often do you unearth older Phantom Stranger pieces?

The problem is that I have most of the artists who did the older ones, or I haven't found one I really liked. I've also learned to kick myself when I pass on one and wait sometimes forever to find a replacement. Passed on a few Perez versions (not in his book of course), and I am stll looking for a page from PS 35 by our favorite Warlord artist (I'm making do with a preliminary sketch/convention sketch I found on line), so I mostly get newer stuff, and lean towards the more obscure. The old stuff? Maybe once every 6-9 months (and getting rarer). I have never, ever found his first series work (which would be by Carmine Infantino on pencils).