• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED - all sold!!) There's no need to fear...Underdog comics are here! Charlton & Gold Key
1 1

31 posts in this topic

OK, that's it for the Gold Key run.

Reviewing my scans I'm starting to wonder if I was a bit harsh on a few of the books. hm

Taking a quick break to get some more coffee and I'll be back with the two Charlton books.

Underdog #5 - 6.5/7.0 - It's a really nice book. White to off-white pages. Front cover: small tear (right open edge near Simon Barsinister’s foot), very light thumb bend (bottom middle edge), small, very light corner bend (lower right corner). Back cover: very nice, although the cover has gotten a shade creamy. Slight mis-cut on cover (lower left corner area) and a slight bend (bottom middle edge).

Also, the first two pages interior are mis-cut (production issues, see photo).

Asking $20.00 plus shipping - or if you purchase either the Gold Key lot or the Charlton issue 1 shipping will be free.

image.thumb.jpeg.bdf618c85eb4e4953ace58ccc7b53cc5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.53bbcb4e9fd9385be17ee3185cf4920b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.714ee57a3128b00a7573103e3be07a84.jpeg

Edited by alecholland

Underdog #1 - 5.0/5.5 (formerly CGC graded 6.0) - This book was cracked out and read once. It’s in the same condition as it was when it was slabbed, but IMHO 6.0 was generous on this book. White pages according to label - Off-white to white IMHO. Front cover: a bit of waviness (upper left corner) due to what appears to be some impact (better seen on back cover scan). Back cover: corner crunch with some surface impressions (upper right corner), otherwise very nice & clean.

It’s a really nice mid-grade copy. I’m just not sure it is quite 6.0.

Asking $150 shipped.

image.thumb.jpeg.e26a7de7b49748caf044085c53278cde.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.845b2f2daf2c98959b7f7828702e2a2e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2a7e69748321608fb9f12f63606c89ad.jpeg

On 8/6/2023 at 1:05 PM, Incredible Pulp said:

:takeit:

SOLD!! Thank you! (worship)

I've really enjoyed these books. Flipped through a couple of them as I was scanning and they are really fun books IMHO.

Edited by alecholland