• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Summer Edition (#7) Round 4 Results
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for hosting cgc it was fun can’t wait for next one! 

On 8/6/2023 at 9:19 PM, grendelbo said:

Besides a smokin' final round, I thought I graded poorly this contest. But I did the Delta thing.

My total sign delta for this contest was flat. 

comedy-00.gif.657e88aaae97bf5c7cd8834080f8a74f.gif

(worship)

I'm having a hard time keeping pace with CGC's (or Matt Nelson's) ever-softening grading standards:

8 Bullseyes = 0
4 times my guess was one grade increment too low = -4
1 times my guess was one grade increment too high = +1
5 times my guess was two grade increments too low = -10
1 times my guess was three grade increments too low (the masking tape defaced Horrific #3) = -3
1 times my guess was four grade increments too high (the HOS #92 with the "invisible" multiple water stains) = +4

For a total 20-book "signed delta" score of -12, or 0.6 grade increments per book more strict than CGC/Matt.  Definitely a difference I can live with.  (thumbsu

Hey Jay cool exercise.  I knew off the top of my head I was largely undergrading and this has been commented on for several books of which I am fairly astonished at some of the grades for said books (at least 2 or more grades higher than I would grade).  And true to my nature, I am a committed undergrader as I overgraded 6 books (the highest, and only one book, 3 grades) for +9 points and undergraded the remaining 14 books for a whopping -30 points.  ??? Net -22. :headbang:  And this in spite of the fact I am trying to give the book the highest grade it deserves:preach: