• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Thread with GA and BA CGC incl. Contact Comics 10 & Romantic Hearts 1; Raw books incl Batman 94, GI Combat 80, SA FF <CLOSED>

73 posts in this topic

G.I. Combat #80, 1960, DC. Awesome Russ Heath grey tone cover, and Heath/Kubert/Swan art inside. Complete and attached, but plenty of spine wear. Some minor creasing and a small edge tear on the back left edge. I think its a 3.5, maybe 4.0. Only 19 blue labels on the census, and not a lot of sales data out there.

$75  NOW $59  NOW $49  **SOLD**

Spoiler

IMG_9349.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9350.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

G.I. Combat #104, 1964, DC. Another Heath grey tone cover. This one looks nearly as good in the bag, but some issues on closer inspection. There is a bit of a spine roll, a small (~0.25")edge tear bottom front, and a couple indentions on the tank (one of which breaks the paper). All told, I think it's a 3.0.

$15  NOW $13  **NOW $10**

IMG_9351.jpeg

IMG_9352.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Kid Colt Outlaw #100, 1961, Marvel/Atlas. Loaded with a Kirby cover, Heck interior art, and Stan Lee scripts. Complete and tightly attached. The biggest issue is a small tear (~0.5" or a bit larger) on the bottom edge that goes through the entire book. I believe this was made with a blade as it is far too clean a cut to be a tear. The front cover has some wear around this, but the interior and back cover show that it is very clean. Also a small triangular chip at the right front edge. Without the cut, I would argue for at least a 4.5. With it, 3.5? I will put some pics of the cut in the spoilers.

$45  NOW $38  NOW $32  **SOLD**

Spoiler

IMG_9353.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9354.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9376.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9375.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9374.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9373.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Man O' Mars #1, 1958, I.W. Enterprises. This is the reprint of the Fiction House classic. Murphy Anderson and Lee Elias art. Chipping along the right edge, more edge wear all around, a couple corner creases on front and back covers, spine wear, stain on the back bottom. Let's go with 2.5 on this one. 

$25  NOW $22  **NOW $19**

IMG_9355.jpeg

IMG_9356.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Star Spangled War Stories #97, 1961, DC, Rough, but complete and mostly attached (top staple holding on gingerly, but pulled through at the bottom, CF firm). Damage at the top of the rolled spine is the worst of it, but also creasing and general wear. Let's go 1.8.

$15  NOW $13  **NOW $10**

IMG_9357.jpeg

IMG_9358.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #17, 1960, DC. This is the 2nd appearance of Brainiac...who knew? Nice copy with some spine roll and some minor staple tearing at the top staple, a bit of a dust shadow and a corner crease at the top front right. 4.5 for me. It's not quite Crime Mysteries #4 or Weird Chills #1, but transfusion cover, too.

$35  **SOLD VIA PM**

Spoiler

IMG_9369.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9370.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Hey, look...a Marvel hero book.

Tales Of Suspense #49, 1964, Marvel. Let's be honest...this book is loaded. 1st X-Men cross over, and early appearance of them. OSPG says same date as X-Men #3, so tied for 3rd appearance? 1st Avengers cross over. And, 2nd appearance of The Watcher. Seems undervalued to me at that point. This was my long term copy until I lucked into an upgrade. Complete and seemingly attached, but there is glue between cover and first/last pages. Bottom staple may be detached from cover. Otherwise lots of general wear, a small stain in the logo, an import stamp (?) faint on the front lower left corner and on the lower left back corner, and a store stamp on the back saying Malaysia. So, this book has traveled. I have owned it for more than 15 years at this point. Without the glue, I would say 3.0 range. Adjust from there as needed.

$55  NOW $49  NOW $45  **SOLD**

Spoiler

IMG_9377.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_9378.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

On 8/14/2023 at 12:14 PM, elibowman said:

Adventure Comics #283, 1961, DC. 1st General Zod and 1st Phantom Zone. Book looks nice and lays flat with edge wear. Small spine splits at both top (~0.75”) and bottom (~0.50”). Dust shadow on back. I think this one is about 3.0, maybe 3.5. 

$180

image.jpg

image.jpg

:takeit: as per pm