• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Thread with GA and BA CGC incl. Contact Comics 10 & Romantic Hearts 1; Raw books incl Batman 94, GI Combat 80, SA FF <CLOSED>

73 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2023 at 1:53 PM, elibowman said:

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #17, 1960, DC. This is the 2nd appearance of Brainiac...who knew? Nice copy with some spine roll and some minor staple tearing at the top staple, a bit of a dust shadow and a corner crease at the top front right. 4.5 for me. It's not quite Crime Mysteries #4 or Weird Chills #1, but transfusion cover, too.

$35

IMG_9369.jpeg

IMG_9370.jpeg

:takeit:

I am finally getting back around to finishing my stack off for this thread. I am going to restart with 5-10 raw GA books. Planning to list, and then come back around and add some pictures before I am done for the day. Feel free to "take pending picture" if you are the impatient type.

Battle #68, 1960, Marvel. OK...I know this is SA, but it was a 10 center in the stack. Solid and complete with good colors. Wear is predominately around the edges, with a chip at the top of the spine. Nothing too major, but an accumulation bringing it down to the 4.0 range. Kirby cover, Heck/Severin/Ditko/Burgos/Kirby inside.

$35  **NOW $28**

IMG_9408.jpeg

IMG_9409.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Blackhawk #123, 1958, DC. Another SA 10 center, but I am getting to the GA books. Complete and attached. Aging apparent to the covers especially, with some larger chips missing from the back cover. No better than 3.0, but looks nicer in at first glance.

$10  **NOW $8**

IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9411.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Jungle Comics #30, 1942, Fiction House. This is a solid copy of a very difficult book to find. The limiting factor on the grade will be the piece missing from the top right corner of the front cover. Leaving that aside, the spine is tight and well attached, with just a bit of roll. There is good color, with a small amount of paper aging, but it remains supple and very readable. I think it’s a 5.0-5.5 book WITHOUT the missing piece. Technical grade suffers greatly from the missing piece. Let's go with 5.5Q or 2.0 or less on a blue label. This book presents much higher.

$115  **NOW $99**

IMG_9412.jpeg

IMG_9413.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Kent Blake Of The Secret Service #1, 1951, Marvel. Great looking book, but a couple big issues. First, it was manufactured without staples. Complete, but unattached…ha. There is a 2-2.5” tear in the right edge of the front cover in the red bar, there is a 1.5” split at the top, there is some paper missing on a couple pages of the interior only affecting the margin (this feels like it was production as the interior pages were not cleanly cut….maybe dull blades leading to the issue). But the blacks are deep and there isn’t a lot of surface or spine wear besides what is noted. Mylar all star. Let’s go 3.0 but looks a lot better. 

$45  **NOW $38**

IMG_9414.jpeg

IMG_9415.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Modern Love #1 (1949, EC). Feldstein cover. Plenty of general wear, especially surface wear to front. 0.5-0.75" spine split at the top, creasing, small piece missing right edge front, stain back cover, maybe some foxing inside (see splash pic for what I am referencing), names written in ink in several places in the second story. Complete and attached. Seems better than 2.0 to me, but not by much. Let's go with 2.5 (though I wanted to say 3.0). Happy to provide more/different pics upon request. Only 15 blue label on the census.

$340  **NOW $329**

IMG_9416.jpeg

IMG_9417.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Public Enemies #3, DS Publishing, 1948. Another solid and complete book, Some minor spine wear including a tiny split below the bottom staple, small ink mark under 10c and a pencil check mark on front cover, nice pages, but some minor tanning to edges of interior covers, back cover staple tears but still attached. Seems at least 4.0 to me, and maybe better.

$90  **NOW $80**

IMG_9418.jpeg

IMG_9419.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Underworld #6, DS Publishing, 1949. This one is lower grade with the cover still attached, but precariously. Plenty of wear, spine split at the top about 2”, some interior damage. Seems like a 2.0 to me, but I would lean lower instead of higher on this. Only a single blue label on the census.

$40  **NOW $33**

IMG_9420.jpeg

IMG_9421.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Unusual Tales #35, Charlton, 1962. Another SA, and not even a 10 center, but oh, well...very sharp copy with minimal wear. There is a tiny corner crease bottom front right, a couple faint stains back, a little bit of spine wear. Great color and gloss. I have it at 8.0. No copies on the census as of now.

$30  **NOW $27**

IMG_9422.jpeg

IMG_9423.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #31, 1964, Marvel. Nice Underminer...I mean Mole Man cover. Front cover looks pretty solid but plenty of general wear including a light vertical crease that runs the whole length of the book. Also a small stain that impacts the whole book at bottom right corner (from the front). Better seen from the back. Avengers cross over. 3.0 copy.

$30  **NOW $27**

IMG_9455.jpeg

IMG_9456.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #34, 1965, Marvel. This one has a stain on the "r" in Four, and some blue ink in various places of the front cover that I can't tell if they are production or not. Vertical crease on this one, too. I think the blue stuff is production, and will grade it as such. This is the best of the FF lot so far on wear. I will go 3.5 due to the ink.

$28  **NOW $25.20**

IMG_9459.jpeg

IMG_9460.jpeg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four #42, 1965, Marvel. This one has better gloss and color than the other FFs, and it is complete and attached. However, too much creasing. The vertical crease on this one is pronounced, and there is more both front and back (back corner is present but folded over). I think it is 3.0.

$23  **NOW $20.70**

IMG_9461.jpeg

IMG_9462.jpeg

Edited by elibowman