• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG this Marvel Super Heroes #20

4 posts in this topic

This is going up for auction at Heritage on 8/15/23. This book has been on my want list for a while. Comic seems in great condition and presents really well. There are 2 things that I'd like a 2nd opinion on.

1) The book doesn't have the best wrap. The border on the left side should be on the side of the spine, not the front cover. I noticed this is not uncommon on this book, but this one is on the larger side. However, what I do like is that it's straight from top to bottom. Is this considered a bad wrap?

2) Is there distributor ink on the top left of the book? I'm not sure since nothing is visible on the back side. It's very straight and even so not sure if it's from the original print, or distributor ink. If it is distributor ink, does this impact the appeal? I know CGC doesn't typically consider distributor ink when grading.

What's the over consensus on this book? Again, it's one of the cleaner, more appealing ones I've seen. I'm looking for one in the 6.5 - 7.5 range with white pages.

Doom 20.jpg

Doom 20 2.jpg

I think part of the issue is your are picking straws over a book CGC has already weighed in on.  It's really based on if you can accept the book and the grade.

The spine has a split from the grader notes which tells me it has probably rolled from being stored improperly.  Also if you look closely there are spine tics from when the book did have the spine in the right position.

With the ink, yes it could be ink.  It doesn't diminish the appeal on my end.  Does it diminish it for you?

Thanks for the feedback. I did ending up with the winning bid which I think is a good price. Book presents really well and according to the grader notes “wear full right of front color breaks color”. However I cannot see the “wear” from any angle anywhere on the right side. The distributor ink is noticeable looking down on the pages but not that bad. I understand it was already graded, but wanted to know the consensus on if it was graded accurately or not. Thanks.