• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - You Might Find It!
3 3

134 posts in this topic

:news: SOLD via PM! Battle #37 Joe Sinnott file copy in FN-  This was in a previous thread, but it was on hold for a great boardie for most of it. But alas we reached no conclusion.

A word of background — I acquired some Sinnott file copies from the organizer of the Albany Comic Con, who has acquired them from the Sinnott family. In the 1950’s, Joe would take the train into NYC to go to the Marvel offices to pick up assignments from Stan. As a contributor, he was allowed up to 3 copies of each book he worked on. Joe signed his name in the margin of the first page of each story he worked on in these. (Joe’s family kept and had Joe sign the best copy of each of his file copies before disbursing the unsigned undercopies. They now have let go of these signed file copies as well. I had previously reported due to my misunderstanding what I was told that Joe signed all his file copies- he in fact only signed one of each, the best shape ones which the family kept longest, and which the family recently let go.)

This one is a who’s who of war comics greats. Cover by Russ Heath; interior stories by Sinnott (signed), D  ick Ayers, Joe Kubert, Ross Andru.

A cgc 6.0, just slightly nicer than this one, went for $336 on HA in May. Let’s balance slightly lower grade and Heritage fees on the one hand against the provenance here on the other and go $300.

383F02D3-E207-4C73-BE27-F4E9A701C28C.jpeg

BE296818-941D-479B-AFB6-C657EF372B0C.jpeg

9F0EBF3D-68AF-4164-B72E-F523A90402C2.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

That’s it for tonight but lots more to come. I don’t have any more Sinnott file copies to make available as I have added the others I obtained to my collection. (I do hope to obtain a few more, both for keepers and to share a few on the boards, but I don’t expect that will be in time for this thread.)