• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X2 Review

29 posts in this topic

well I think with the first movie they were just laying mostly groundwork on all the characters in addition to a minor plot

While I certainly thought the movie "was fun to watch", it wasn't much on character development. They by-passed "laying the groundwork" and got straight to the death of Elektra, and the imprisonment of KP and Bullseye! Not sure what's left to do with the characters they brought in...

Cool it on the booze, Banner! tongue.gif It's working hour's! I think you combined Titan and my posts. He was talking about the Xmen movie, I was talking about DD comic...

BTW - Did you see that UF was one of LaBron's final 3 choices??? Oh, the agony!!!!

Chris

D'oh!

Yeah, "peeps" is one of Labron's buddies, and at one point he said if he was going to go to college, it would be UF. Kwame Brown ended up buying a house in G-ville (near Donovan I believe) and has spent some time down there playing with the boys...Miller, Harvey, Brown, James...what coulda been!

I wish Brown was there!!!! He hasn't done jack for my Bulle....oops....Wizards. frown.giffrown.gif

Still, that would have been a ridiculous line-up. Only rivaled, perhaps, by the line-up that the Turdheel's could have fielded w/ Carter, Jamison, Forte, and Haywood a few years back.

Chris

Re: your sig line - why the heck didn't you go to Islands of Adventure!?!? The Hulk coaster is "Incredible" (sorry, had to do it), and the Spidey Ride is pretty cool as well. All this, and you missed the Superhero Parade too!

My friend (who I was visiting) is a sissy and doesn't ride "thrill rides". So, instead of having him pay the money to watch the rest of us ride rides, we compromised and went to a park where everyone (5 of us) could "participate". I had never been to a Movie Theme Park before, so we went to Universal. Believe me, I kept looking over at Islands of Adventure all day long. And, you're right, the Hulk coaster looked awesome!!!!

I will say, though, that Back to the Future was pretty frikkin' cool. That and harassing the employees were the highlights of the day!

Chris

focker adds this right at the end of the article:

Don't watch another TV commercial or trailer for this movie. Don't watch the making-of special. Don't even read this review. Just go see it.

he just ruined it for all of us... grin.gif

Truth is, I've got several contacts in holywood who have done post-production on this film, and every single one of them has spoken highly of this film. The problem is whenever you show some enthusiasm and excitement in this forum, everyone automatically assumes your a fanboy... [clears throat] right delekkerste/Gene?

I've been looking forward to X2, and expect it to do some great things in the box office. laugh.gif

>>I've been looking forward to X2, and expect it to do some great things in the box office.

Why is the box office important? I'd rather see good movies like Blade, X-Men and Spider-man, than trumped-up tripe with a $40 million ad budget like Daredevil.

There's plenty of good movies on T.V. joe; especially when you have the dish. My comment has more to do with wanting to see the film do well, then it does to track its R.O.I. I'm not an investor, co-producer, executive producer, or assistant to the producer, so I couldn't give a rat's-[!@#%^&^] about how well it does monetarily. But having read every title, and X-related series, this is the first time in a while that I can honestly say I'm excited about dropping $20 to watch a movie in a crammed theatre, and have to remind people throughout the film to shut their cell's off, and shut their traps. It doesn't happen often in an era of "-script-bankrupt" hollywood films that I can say I'd rather run to the movies, than wait until it comes out on DVD or PPV.