• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR.X's Cheap, Trashy, one day Fan Expo report. Before, during, and after.
3 3

53 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2023 at 8:03 AM, Jayman said:

Great review thanks, looks like you had a great time!

Any info how to order this book?

hang on. I think I stuck a business card of his inside the book.

I don't know if you are all already familiar with Hoopla, I was just telling a friend about it the other night,  but the book is on that system as well.  Just log into your local library.  https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/13809418?utm_source=MARC

On 8/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, skypinkblu said:

I don't know if you are all already familiar with Hoopla, I was just telling a friend about it the other night,  but the book is on that system as well.  Just log into your local library.  https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/13809418?utm_source=MARC

who reads digital books? that would be like going on a digital date. I want to touch it, and hold it in my hands.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:18 AM, DR.X said:

who reads digital books? that would be like going on a digital date. I want to touch it, and hold it in my hands.

I found out last night that if you read a few pages of a book on Amazon, the author gets a fee. Same with the library. My neighbor is an author, he loves it when someone reads one.

I read digital books all the time, I carry a kindle around whenever I think I have to wait somewhere.

On 8/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, skypinkblu said:

I found out last night that if you read a few pages of a book on Amazon, the author gets a fee. Same with the library. My neighbor is an author, he loves it when someone reads one.

I read digital books all the time, I carry a kindle around whenever I think I have to wait somewhere.

Couldn’t agree more. Instead of carrying a short box of raws around with me on my shoulder, just in case, I’ve found the digital tablet format to be far more convenient, and I’ve never looked back. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

Awesome thread and loved following through your adventure for this show. I took my sons on that Friday and it was a real blast as I had not gone to a Wizard World (now Fan Expo) in years. I actually enjoyed this show way more than C2E2 which I have been going to for the last few years. I had made a deal with a dealer at this show on a book that I had left at home, so I had to drive about 45-50 minutes back home that Friday morning to get the book and then come back to make the trade. I kind of found that there was more comic book dealers here than there was at C2E2. I could be wrong by my count, but it just felt like it. 

I am going to be an exhibitor at a small show next month and hoping that can lead to me also exhibiting at Fan Expo next year as there is some great potential there.