• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Timeline of World record comic book sales.
2 2

22 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2023 at 8:05 AM, action1kid said:

I think it took more courage to spend 25k in the 1980’s than 3 million today. The market back then didn’t have today’s liquidity.

Not so sure about that from an pure absolutel dollars point of view, but definitely the case in terms of market liquidity.  (thumbsu

If what Dave mentioned to me is actually true, it took courage for a newbie just leaving university and starting out in life to make these purchases with the use of all the creidt cards which these companies were throwing hand over fists at him as a new and upcoming professional.  Especially at a time when the country was just exiting a record high double digit interest rate time period back in the early 80's.  :fear:

On 8/19/2023 at 11:05 PM, action1kid said:

I think it took more courage to spend 25k in the 1980’s than 3 million today. The market back then didn’t have today’s liquidity.

Exactly.  It's only in the rear view mirror that it (and 99% of other deals) looks like a no-brainer deal.