• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7.0 and 7.5 questions?

24 posts in this topic

I buy mostly copper age stuff, so there are FEW lower grades to choose from. You can find most of these in the dollar bin anyways. What makes it tough for me to find these readily available books in 9.8 status is that not many people are having them graded. When the demand goes up Im sure there will be people buying the 7.0s-9.0s. Maybe in 100 years. tongue.gif

Personally I love 7.0's.

I have quite a few 7.0's that look beautiful. If you look long enough you can find great deals on those grades. I don't chase much but I am happy with a few of my 7.0's and thankful that I didn't spend 100-200% more for a 9.0

I completely agree.

Several of my key CGC graded SA books (ASM #3, #14, JIM #85, Avengers #1, D.D. #2, etc.) are in the 7.0/7.5 range.

I'll easily drop down to 6.0 for GA books.

Just signed up, 2 minutes ago. Thanks. A wasteland huh? Okay time to rethink my strategy smile.gif

Jim

Buy what you like. Don't buy the "hot" or in other words "expensive" books just because everyone else is. If you happy to like or don't mind mid-grade Silver Age, go for it. You'll always win with this strategy.

The best market for mid-grades in my opinion is e-bay right now. But beware of sellers who don't know what they are doing. Mis-grading is rampant. Maybe go after a few cheaper books until you know your way around.

If you can't find mid-grades for below guide, you may be looking in the wrong places.