• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART TWO: THE SCARGIVER direct by Zack Snyder (4/19/24)
1 1

83 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2024 at 9:41 AM, Axelrod said:

This was apparently baked into the plan with Netflix under the original deal. 

Makes some amount of sense, as Netflix gets multiple "releases" of the film, which potentially bump viewership numbers each time, while just paying for "one" film.  

This is how the negotiations went down:

Netflix - "Will you be able to make your Star Wars concept into a trilogy for $150M?"

Snyder - "Not for $150M, but if you stretch it to $160-$170M then I can make something happen."

Netflix - "Can you give us an idea of the cost breakdown?"

Snyder - "Sure. $150M for my production company, and the extra $15-$20M for the actual film. We will go cheap on the sets and CGI."

Netflix - "That seems a bit high to the production company for just 3 films?"

Snyder - "No problem. I will do a Director's cut for each film, so you are really getting 6 films instead of 3."

Netflix - "Done deal. Where can we sign?"

On 8/7/2024 at 5:47 PM, kimik said:

This is how the negotiations went down:

Netflix - "Will you be able to make your Star Wars concept into a trilogy for $150M?"

Snyder - "Not for $150M, but if you stretch it to $160-$170M then I can make something happen."

Netflix - "Can you give us an idea of the cost breakdown?"

Snyder - "Sure. $150M for my production company, and the extra $15-$20M for the actual film. We will go cheap on the sets and CGI."

Netflix - "That seems a bit high to the production company for just 3 films?"

Snyder - "No problem. I will do a Director's cut for each film, so you are really getting 6 films instead of 3."

Netflix - "Done deal. Where can we sign?"

$15-$20M for the actual film? Okay.

:tieddowngif: