• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boxes

8 posts in this topic

Yes!

I still have the boxes CGC previously used, I use them to store some of the extra copies CGC graded issues that I own, and they are fantastic. CGC, of course, started cutting corners years ago and cheaper smaller weaker 25 and 15 comic book shipping boxes was among its first efforts in that regard.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:56 AM, toro said:

Why the switch to junk boxes, bubble wrap and tape that rips? This is the way my last two orders returned from CGC. My books are flopping around on the inside of the boxes.

IMG_20230824_213123.jpg

IMG_20230824_213243.jpg

IMG_20230824_213335.jpg

I had shipments like this a while back. I thought they were going to start using more packaging tape, but I guess that was temporary.

On 8/25/2023 at 2:35 PM, toro said:

Most, not all ebay sellers send slabs better than the way my last two orders were shipped.  A couple of elastics, two pieces of cardboard and some random bubble wrap. 

Previously, I think it ended perhaps 4 or 5 years ago, I was able to use the many pieces of cardboard CGC added to shipments for added security of the individual packages of comic books, two cardboard pieces at either (oops; edit) end, for my shipments to CGC. I used them to save the ones I had purchased. 

Now, as you noted, the comic books arrive with very few of them. If I recall correctly, I believe that all of the 25 comic book shipments I have received since around 2018 or 2019 have had perhaps 4, maybe 5, pieces in each box. Consequently, the comic books arrive somewhat loose and, of course, they hit (slam up against) each other during their transit.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe

On 8/25/2023 at 1:27 PM, Beastfeast said:

Incredibly penny wise and pound foolish. Save money on boxes and tape but then lose money with more MEs. 

Their solution to that is to make the rules for MEs more restrictive.  :wink: