• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Universe Size Comparison

6 posts in this topic

If I remember correctly, Surtur stands over a thousand feet tall. Hank Pym tops out around sixty or seventy feet. The Galactus I'm familiar with was about thirty feet but shrank when he was hungry.  Those are the classic characters. I've no idea about the modern incarnations. Perhaps the current Surtur is the original's daughter and isn't as tall. I heard Galactus could become a cloud or some such.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:27 PM, shadroch said:

I'd think Surtur is taller than Galactus.

On 8/26/2023 at 7:37 AM, marvelmaniac said:

I read in one of the F.F. Galactus issues years ago, that Galactus appears as he wants to be seen, I assume that also applies to his size.

Galactus is in there twice. First at around 29 feet then he’s second to last behind Living Tribunal in outer space and planet sized out there. As said, they showed his variance in sizes.

The other abstract entities you see in Doctor Strange and Jim Starlin's Thanos comics, in particular, must be of similar magnitude to The Tribunal as well.

For example, Eternity is a humanoid-looking, physical representation of the multiverse. Again, like Galactus, they most likely appear in a form to which the observer can relate, if quite towering in size.