• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting restoration classification system by Tracey Heft

36 posts in this topic

I was doing an internet search on restoration today and came across an interesting discussion in a US patent application covering a system of classification and rating/scoring of comic book restoration of all things foreheadslap.gif apparently written by Tracey Heft. I haven't read it all yet, so I'm not sure how it compares to the system that Matt Nelson wrote up in the Overstreet Grading Guide.

It's dry, but interesting information.

Wonder how (or even if) this will affect CGC's new restoration/conservation classification system being considered for its new labels?

you will also note that Mr. Heft treats "TRIMMING/SHAVING" as "Restoration" for the purposes of this patent app

Damn you read fast. I'm still not done. foreheadslap.gif

i wish. skipping ahead past all the boring stuff...to the less-boring stuff

If I am reading his application correctly, and admitedly I reviewed it quickly as I am preparing for arguments before the DC Circuit tomorrow in the anthrax vaccine litigation, Heft seems to be saying pressing is restoration (or at least conservation). 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

More discussion to follow for sure.

popcorn.gif

I was doing an internet search on restoration today and came across an interesting discussion in a US patent application covering a system of classification and rating/scoring of comic book restoration of all things foreheadslap.gif apparently written by Tracey Heft. I haven't read it all yet, so I'm not sure how it compares to the system that Matt Nelson wrote up in the Overstreet Grading Guide.

Wonder how (or even if) this will affect CGC's new restoration/conservation classification system being considered for its new labels?

BTW, you have a wife now, why are you still leading a boring life and reviewing patent applications for fun!! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

you will also note that Mr. Heft treats "TRIMMING/SHAVING" as "Restoration" for the purposes of this patent app

Whew! Between your apparent speed reading and Ares' quick, bold, and authoritative proclamation that the patent application would be defeated by prior art, I was starting to think that we had a reg'lar mensa meeting going on 'round here.

BTW, you have a wife now, why are you still leading a boring life and reviewing patent applications for fun!! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

the pot calling the kettle black yeahok.gif

You're married too, and you've read further into the thing than I have at this point. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gifhi.gif

You're married too, and you've read further into the thing than I have at this point. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gifhi.gif

popcorn.gif

Whew! Between your apparent speed reading and Ares' quick, bold, and authoritative proclamation that the patent application would be defeated by prior art, I was starting to think that we had a reg'lar mensa meeting going on 'round here.

mensa is for the slow-witted. get with the program. MacArthur Fellows, baby!

Not really the same kind of organization as mensa, now is it.

Not really the same kind of organization as mensa, now is it.

well, no, but they do have gigantic ca$h prizes! and they're referred to as "genius grants," you know

Was that a compliment?

Mark's been married for a while and has kids. Different rules apply. Although if you and Liz were living together prior to getting married, then you may be eligible for the fast-track program, but you still won't get full membership until you have kids.