• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you hunt for comics?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I'm just recently getting back in to comic book collecting after taking a few decades off and it feels like nowadays everyone is even more "in the know" than when I left!

I was wondering if there were any neat spots you personally like to peruse when looking for potential additions to your collection - Virtual or corporeal.  I figure we're all hoping to stumble upon that one yard sale with the grandmother selling her son's comic collection because he doesn't visit anymore - but outside of that and ebay/flea markets/comic shops where is a good place to spend some time treasure hunting? 

Finding comics in the wild is hard and can be frustrating. 

You have it backward, though.   You don't want to find a grandmother selling some son's books, you want to find a son selling the grandmother's books. 

You need to network. Let everyone know you are looking for comics and offer bounties to anyone who brings you books. 

You can set alerts at major auction/house internet dealers for books you’re interested in

also last hour at small to medium comic shows.  Bring cash, buy multiple books and negotiate hard, they don’t want to carry their spoon back to their car.