• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trimmed? Iron Man 1 CGC 9.2

27 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I bought this Iron Man #1 CGC 9.2 from the Western Penn pedigree over a year ago, and immediately upon recieving it I thought it was trimmed. It has some strange attributes that made me think this:

1. Right side. The right edge is 1/8th of an inch or more narrower than every other 1968 marvel comic I own. I realize that many issues of that time period have varied widths. However, what this book also has is major uneveness. if you like at the right side zoomed and scroll down you will see how badly it weaves in and out. I have never seen this before on a comic.

2. Top. What this looks like to me is the comic had cover overhang that was cut off, and the bit nearest the spine was left as it was to hard to cut off.

I have had a converation with Steve Borock, and he has assured me this book has not been trimmed. I was just curious what the rest of you thought in light of recent events regarding trimming.

Thanks in advance.

Artboy99

1015595-IronMan1top.JPG.949c7b61cf4feca1d6c4b43be8c8af1f.JPG

I have never seen a "wavey" book that had not been trimmed

HOWEVER, I dont know if CGC holder could produce the effect or not.

If I were to bet---and I bet and lose more then I win--- I would say its trimmed

Hi all,

I bought this Iron Man #1 CGC 9.2 from the Western Penn pedigree over a year ago, and immediately upon recieving it I thought it was trimmed. It has some strange attributes that made me think this:

1. Right side. The right edge is 1/8th of an inch or more narrower than every other 1968 marvel comic I own. I realize that many issues of that time period have varied widths. However, what this book also has is major uneveness. if you like at the right side zoomed and scroll down you will see how badly it weaves in and out. I have never seen this before on a comic.

2. Top. What this looks like to me is the comic had cover overhang that was cut off, and the bit nearest the spine was left as it was to hard to cut off.

I have had a converation with Steve Borock, and he has assured me this book has not been trimmed. I was just curious what the rest of you thought in light of recent events regarding trimming.

Thanks in advance.

Artboy99

It just seems soooo obvious and Im sure they would have double and triple checked it to make sure. I would If i were in charge.

Hello Artboy. Do you still own the book?

You say that you purchased it over a year ago but GPAnalysis shows a 9.2 W/Penn selling in October 2005.

Is there more than 1 W/penn 9.2 copy of Iron Man #1

Regards,

Russ

4072063.jpg

Yep...and it's starting to annoy me greatly as this is a cut and dried situation that I, thought, CGC would address pretty quickly since the comic was in a "Sale Pending" status. Now we are going on almost 5 days and nothing.

I didn't intend on criticzing CGC on this one because I fell they really didn't know. But thier inattention to this matter is starting to make me feel like they don't care whether comics misgraded, and a part of scams, are out there being circulated...

But then again based on their reaction to the JE incident and their lack of releasing information on possible tainted slabs in the marketplace, this inattention shouldn't surprise me...

Jim