• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What 2005 book did you miss out on?

25 posts in this topic

Capes is pretty good. It's very much in the tone of Invincible, which is good since they share their world. Capes, Inc. is a private company/government contractor that employs superheroes to go out and do their patrols, fight crime, save the world, etc. They have their own marketing deals, salaries, schedules, office politics, sort of like The Office except with capes. Funny, engaging, and full of homages while being inventive. Kinda tough to find, but not expensive when you do.

I'm sure it's been publicized already, but details came out in this week's issue of Walking Dead (#24) that a huge hardcover reprint of the first 24 issues is coming out soon. About 600 pages. It'll be limited to copies ordered, plus 150 being signed and numbered. $100, or $150 for the signed version. Pretty sweet if you're so inclined.

Identity Crisis was good. I bought the entire set off a fellow board member and was able to read it all in one sitting. Good story.

I read the $1 Countdown to Infinite Crisis issue, but nothing beyond that, also. [And on a side note, I can't help but wonder what the next "big event name combination" is going to be - "Infinite Identity Crises"??]

I've missed out on practically everything in 2005 because I buy my moderns at about half-cover through various sources (which means I get them a little while after they're printed), so once I've caught up buying-wise, I'll be able to catch up reading-wise.

I don't even know what House of M is about, but once I get all 8 issues, I'll be able to read it. It's also crossed over into the Hulk, so I'll get those those issues, too...eventually.

I'm waiting on Green Lantern #181 to arrive in the mail so I can read that, and then read Rebirth, GL #1, and GL Corps Recharge 1 and 2.

I won't get caught up with everything 2005 before it ends, but it will still be there (comic-wise, at least) when I get all my issues together and sit down to read.

The only series I read between Countdown and the actual Infinite Crisis series was the OMAC Project. The other minis just didn't interest me at all, and I feel that I got enough information about some of them just by reading the ongoing series titles like Batman, Superman, and JLA.