• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Weekly Auctions
2 2

130 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2024 at 7:37 AM, tth2 said:

Who even looks at the Dow anymore?  The Dow is the stock market index that only people who know nothing about the stock market look at.

The US Dollar is super strong.  It has literally never been more highly valued.  If you're referring to Russia doing more and more business in Yuan, that's because they have no choice.  They will ultimately very much regret getting caught in Beijing's sticky web.

I do agree the super strong USD could impact OA prices, though, because it could certainly suppress demand from foreign buyers unless they have an existing pool of USD to tap into. 

I was referring to the looming threat of BRICS. It may never get the necessary traction but if it does the US king dollar will be hit hard. 

On 6/14/2024 at 9:37 AM, TupennyConan said:

By people who know nothing about the stock market he must mean those persons who contributed to DJIA 40K &, of course, you @Silver Surfer 

Been in banking all my life. Wasn’t referring to any specific investment vehicles, the handful of hot tech stocks, etc. I just see the daily Teeter Toter effect of the general markets and there are a lot of nervous investors, red flags and potential bubbles. Real estate is dicey too especially the commercial side of things.  But I’m a big boy, will take that jab in stride. :cheers:

On 6/15/2024 at 10:11 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Been in banking all my life. Wasn’t referring to any specific investment vehicles, the handful of hot tech stocks, etc. I just see the daily Teeter Toter effect of the general markets and there are a lot of nervous investors, red flags and potential bubbles. Real estate is dicey too especially the commercial side of things.  But I’m a big boy, will take that jab in stride. :cheers:

I knew you were more financially sophisticated, which is why I was surprised that you were describing the stock market's recent action inaccurately and even more surprised when it turned you that you were referring to the Dow Jones. :foryou: 

On 6/14/2024 at 10:11 PM, Silver Surfer said:

But I’m a big boy, will take that jab in stride. :cheers:

:highfive:

Folks make all variety of silly assumptions in life, on the Boards or elsewhere. One common, habitual guess folks make in the electronic ether is that their silent readership isn't more sophisticated than they are. The folks who don't post somehow don't exist & stuff.

That's kookoo.

There must be a colorful chart&graph to support these assertions.

If you post, you shouldn't believe the likes-tally tallies your likes. Such a belief would be silly & would lack sophistication. Don't be so smartypants! The chap next to you on the public bus is always bound to be better looking &c &c&c! 

Any reader of this post, silent or otherwise, can translate it over to OA collecting & away from this thread's predictable drift into the WC's Gold thread reportage on the DOW or the Q's or some other mundane letter porridge.

There's some Silver Samuri 90's card art tomorrow. The colors strike me as awfully muted for the genre. Last I was told, it's at nearly $2k. What the heck?

:ohnoez: