• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Six Books Left; Recap on Page 6 -- Joe Sinnott’s Archie File Copies ALL BOOKS POSTED (Yeah, he inked for Archie too)
3 3

111 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2023 at 9:24 PM, Readcomix said:

Madhouse Glads #80, given FN by Mile High, which I think is a little generous, but it’s definitely a cut above their VGs. Great cover, one Sinnott sig, a Jon D’Agostino story. $15

IMG_9309.jpeg

IMG_9310.jpeg

IMG_9311.jpeg

IMG_9312.jpeg

:takeit:

:news: SOLD! Laugh #270, another Mile High VG. This one’s cool — note on the back to Joe and his son Mark, from “DR”? Noting that one panel from page one (Joe’s story) also appears on the Letters page and is in every Archie title that month. One sig, Joe inking Al Hartley again. $15

IMG_9348.jpeg

IMG_9349.jpeg

IMG_9350.jpeg

IMG_9351.jpeg

IMG_9352.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

On 10/5/2023 at 9:56 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

I want to be in this action.  Not everyday you see Joe Sinnott signed books. :takeit:

Thank you for pointing this out. And I want to clarify for anyone seeing these, if it seems like suddenly I have a lot of Joe signed books, it is because his family has begun moving his collection, including his personal file copies, which he usually signed on the margin of the first page of each story he did in a given book. They are handling his OA themselves, but through an intermediary I have been given the chance to obtain some of his 50’s Atlas file copies (I did share a couple on here in sales threads but have kept most of the handful I have gotten) and his total Archie output file copies (45 books from 1969-1974). I HOPE to be able to attain a slightly larger but still smallish set of Joe file copies of total output for another publisher; if I am able, I will also share those here less some keepers, but I will record the entire output in a thread as a record of Joe’s file copies.

I’ve posted this before, but I knew Joe since I was a high school kid in the 80’s. I had organized some local comic cons and Joe and other local artists (Herb Trimpe, Dan Green, the Pinis, Greg LaRocque) were our most regular local guests. In the 90’s, I had the chance to interview Joe a couple times, including for a profile for Comic Book Marketplace. We stayed in touch off and on over the years. 

I just wanted everyone to understand how this thread and other offerings came about, and I’m honored to be trusted to be part of their dissemination to fellow collectors.