• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED...Aarrgh! to Batman 2016 series!! U.S. Shipping Only!!
2 2

226 posts in this topic

Yup...you guessed it!!!

--No HOSers or Probies....NO EXCEPTIONS!!

--Payment methods accepted are cashier's/bank check, money order, or PayPal.  Once paper payment is received, I will ship.  I will not accept personal checks...sorry. :(

--Free Media Mail shipping for 5 raw comics or less!! Any orders over 5 comics will be shipped First Class or Priority at buyer's expense.  I use Pirate Ship, so your cost will reflect my discount. (thumbsu

--U.S. shipping only!!  If someone outside the CONUS has a contact stateside that will ship to you, please let me know. :smile:

--No buyer's remorse...you buy items as is.  Scans are being provided, but questions about condition are welcome...PM please, not in the thread.

--No returns on products, unless they are damaged in transit.  PM me pictures of any damage, and I'll take care of you. :)

--First :takeit:in the thread trumps any PM negotiations.

--I will entertain reasonable offers, so feel free to PM me. (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

I'm still trying to unload as much of my Modern collection as possible, but with scanned comics I will take up less space in the thread.  Also, I'm only going to list comics one box at a time, per thread.  I'm starting with the second box this time, beginning with letter 'A'-titled comics, but will quickly get to my Batman series.  I will have a generic recap post...I won't list every single comic, just basic info for what's listed on each page. (thumbsu

Prices will be on the low end, unless they are in Near Mint condition or better, they are keys or variants, they are selling for higher prices in today's market, etc., etc.  This is mainly a 'filler' collection for buyers out there, since I bought most of these comics to read them.  Yes, I've probably read about 95% of this collection, but I stopped actively collecting raw Modern runs around 1998.  There were a few spurts of buying off and on since then, but I no longer purchase raw Moderns.

Please be aware that I tend to grade on the conservative side.  I don't grade like CGC...I grade my conscience and go by my gut instinct.  Any comics I feel have a shot at a higher grade than my estimate will include 'or better' in the listing.

Don't hesitate to send me a PM with questions, offers, etc.  If you're going to be nasty though, save it for someone who cares.  I don't have time for that nonsense. :makepoint:

To the Batmobile!!!! :manhero:

Batman Slaps Robin.jpeg

Edited by Galen130

RECAP!!!

Page 1

• Arrgh! #2 to #4                                                                                                                                                                                         $30 for the set, or as priced
  • Aster #1, foil-embossed cover, early Jae Lee works                                                                                                                               $6
  • Astonishing X-Men #1 to #4, limited series                                                                                                                                              $14 (for the set)
  • Avengelyne/Glory #1, chromium wrap-around cover, 1st Warhost (Avengelyne)                                                                                    $5
  • Avengers #36 (LGY #736), Alex Ross Timeless ‘Ghost Rider’ virgin variant; CGC 9.6, White Pages                                                     $55
  • Avengers #8 (2018 series), Edition D variant signed by J. Scott Campbell; CGC SS 9.8, White Pages                                                 $140 (O.B.O.)
  • Avengers Finale #1, Neal Adams cover, 2004 Wizard Fan Award for Favorite One-Shot                                                                       $5
  • Avengers: Timeslide one-shot, foil wrap-around cover                                                                                                                            $4
  • The Last Avengers Story #1 and #2 (acetate covers), 1st Benji Parker, Kang appearance                                                                    $15 (for the set)
  • Avengers West Coast #71 (direct), X-Men #101 cover homage                                                                                                              $3
  • Avengers West Coast #79 (newsstand)                                                                                                                                                   $2
  • Avengers West Coast #93 (newsstand)                                                                                                                                                   $3
  • Avengers West Coast #95 (direct)                                                                                                                                                           $3
  • Avengers West Coast #96 (direct), Infinity Crusade cross-over                                                                                                              $3
  • Avengers West Coast #97 (direct), Infinity Crusade cross-over                                                                                                              $3
  • Avengers West Coast Annual #7 (direct)                                                                                                                                                 $4
  • Avengers: Invaders sketchbook, one-shot, Alex Ross art                                                                                                                       $3

Page 2

• Azrael #1 to #46, Annuals #1 to #3, sequential run (continues on page 3)                                                                                             $3 comics mostly ($80 for the lot of 49)

Page 3

• Azrael #1 to #46, Annuals #1 to #3, sequential run (continued from page 2)                                                                                         $3 comics mostly ($80 for the lot of 49)

Page 4

• Azrael #1 to #46, Annuals #1 to #3, sequential run (continued from page 3)                                                                                         $3 comics mostly ($80 for the lot of 49)
  • Azrael #1,000,000                                                                                                                                                                                   $3
  • Azrael Plus #1, one-shot                                                                                                                                                                         $3
  • Azrael/Ash one-shot                                                                                                                                                                                $3
  • Aztek, The Ultimate Man #10, final issue                                                                                                                                                $6
  • Balder The Brave #3 of 4, Walt Simonson works                                                                                                                                    $2
  • Ballistic/Wolverine #1, one-shot                                                                                                                                                              $3
  • Batman #398, 2nd print                                                                                                                                                                           $4
  • Batman #414, 1st print newsstand; VF-                                                                                                                                                  $5
  • Batman #414, 1st print newsstand; VF+                                                                                                                                                 $6
  • Batman #415, 1st print newsstand                                                                                                                                                          $6

Page 5

• Batman #416, 2nd print, 1st Jason Todd & Nightwing meeting                                                                                                               $6
  • Batman #432                                                                                                                                                                                           $4
  • Batman #437                                                                                                                                                                                           $3
  • Batman #438, newsstand                                                                                                                                                                        $4
  • Batman #439, Year 3                                                                                                                                                                               $4
  • Batman #440, A Lonely Place of Dying                                                                                                                                                   $5
  • Batman #441, A Lonely Place of Dying                                                                                                                                                   $4
  • Batman #442, A Lonely Place of Dying; 1st Tim Drake in Robin costume                                                                                              $8
  • Batman #443 to #456, extra #444/#445 (newsstand)(continued on page 6)                                                                                          $40 shipped for 16-issue run (see first listing)

Page 6

• Batman #452 to #456, run continued from page 5                                                                                                                                  same prices as above
  • Batman #458 to #467, 10-issue run                                                                                                                                                        $25 shipped
  • Batman #458, #463, #464 (extra copy of each separate from above run)                                                                                              $2, $3, $2 respectively
  • Batman #468 to #476, 9-issue run (continued on page 7)                                                                                                                      $22 shipped

Page 7

• Batman #468 to #476, 9-issue run (continued from page 6)                                                                                                                   $22 shipped
  • Batman #477 and #478, connected covers                                                                                                                                             $8 for the set
  • Batman #479 to #487, minor 1st apps., a couple newsstands (9-issue lot)                                                                                            $25 shipped
  • Batman #490, Knightfall, Bane app.                                                                                                                                                        $6
  • Batman #491, Knightfall, Bane app.                                                                                                                                                        $6
  • Batman #496, Knightfall, Bane app.                                                                                                                                                        $6
  • Batman #499, Knightfall, Bane app.                                                                                                                                                        $4
  • Batman #501 to #514 plus #0, 15-issue run (continues on page 8)                                                                                                        $35 shipped
  • Batman #502 (2 extra copies separate from above run)                                                                                                                         $3

Page 8

• Batman #501 to #514 plus #0, 15-issue run (continued from page 7)                                                                                                     $35 shipped
  • Batman #515, embossed collector's edition                                                                                                                                             $4
  • Batman #516 to #519                                                                                                                                                                               $3 each
  • Batman #521 and #522                                                                                                                                                                            $4, $3 respectively

Page 9

• Batman #523 to #529                                                                                                                                                                               $4 or less
  • Batman #530 to #532, Deadman Connection, glow-in-the-dark                                                                                                              $12 (set), $5 each
  • Batman #533 to #544, complete run (continued on page 10)                                                                                                                  $28 (set), $4 or less

Page 10

• Batman #533 to #544, complete run (continued from page 9)(#544)                                                                                                      $28 (set), $3
  • Batman #546 to #559, incomplete run                                                                                                                                                     $4 or less (mostly $3)
  • Batman #1,000,000                                                                                                                                                                                  $3
  • Batman Annual #5, 1st Zebra-Man and The Daredevils                                                                                                                          $20
  • Batman Annual #10                                                                                                                                                                                  $5
  • Batman Annual #11                                                                                                                                                                                  $7
  • Batman Annual #12                                                                                                                                                                                  $5
  • Batman Annual #12, newsstand                                                                                                                                                               $4
  • Batman Annual #13                                                                                                                                                                                  $3

Page 11

• Batman Annual #13, newsstand                                                                                                                                                               $3
  • Batman Annual #14 to #22                                                                                                                                                                       $5 or less
  • Batman #0, 2011 series                                                                                                                                                                            $4
  • Batman #18 to #23, 2011 series, incomplete run                                                                                                                                     $4 or less
  • Batman #23.3, Jason Fabok lenticular, CGC 9.8 slab                                                                                                                             $50 shipped
  • Batman #24, 2011 series, retold story of Batman vs. Red Hood Gang                                                                                                    $8
  • Batman/Superman: Futures End #1, lenticular, 2011 series, CGC 9.9 slab                                                                                             $85 shipped
  • Batman #50, 2016 series, Catwoman/Batman Wedding, Dave Johnson variant                                                                                     $8

Page 12

• Batman #92, Yasmine Putri variant, 1st Punchline (3 copies)                                                                                                                  $8 each
  • Batman #92, Artgerm 'Punchline' variant, CGC 9.8 (2 slabs)                                                                                                                   $55 each
  • Batman #93, Tony Daniels variant (3 copies)                                                                                                                                           $6 each
  • Batman #93, Francesco Mattina variant (3 copies)                                                                                                                                  $8 each
Edited by Galen130

Arrgh! #2 to #4.  Buy the lot for $30 shipped, or as priced below.

I will provide back cover scans on request. :)

• Issue #2:  Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, Wolfman...enough said.  FN-, or better; off-white pages                   $10
  • Issue #3:  The Mummy and Namor appear.  What???  VF-, or better; off-white pages                                          $15
  • Issue #4:  Television's 'Nightstalker', Dracula, and the Hunchback.  VF-, or better; off-white pages.                     $15

9182d4f90a6584651ca0bfc852e5896f.jpg.9615daeb242b0f4ca0f19e62ae9493e2.jpg

49e3083a91bfa8a51b9221847c378115.jpg.7d19ea3e3e00f1019f7ad1c516a53043.jpg

c5bda8002a875520ff212e46e9665ec1.jpg.1d0f26a1d9ef4c47b0823a75a3c73561.jpg

Aster #1 (Entity-Parody, 1994 series).  The cardstock cover has a foil embossed title, as well as Aster's eyes.  Jae Lee is credited with pencils and inks.

NM-, or better.  A clean/press will help.

$6

img20231010_08442445.jpg

img20231010_08450942.jpg

Astonishing X-Men #1 to #4, limited series.  Age of Apocalypse starts here.  Issues, 1, 3, and 4 are direct edition, while issue #2 is a newsstand.  I am selling all four as a set.

VF+, or better.  A couple books have very light ink rubs on the back cover near the spine.  Every issue has at least one very mild finger bend that will press out.

I will provide back cover scans on request. :)

$14 (for the set)

img20230710_11583236(2).thumb.jpg.f26992ae6407a9c4da78e9f7bcf7eac8.jpg

img20230710_11593063(2).thumb.jpg.0630cd54047685ff0a42e98d640005d2.jpg

img20230710_12002416(2).thumb.jpg.2a407cdbd563838ec861e2c7b72574c6.jpg

img20230710_12011335(2).thumb.jpg.732f521f140cea5d95efba38434bd98e.jpg

Avengelyne/Glory #1, chromium wrap-around cover.  This comic is part of a 5-issue series, featuring the 1st appearance of Warhost (Avengelyne).  It also features an appearance by Glory.

VF/NM, or better.  The wrap-around cover shows light cosmetic scuffs and scratches, which are pretty typical for a chromium cover.

$5

img20231010_09051293.jpg

img20231010_09055983.jpg

Now for some Avengers stuff, with a couple CGC slabs. :)

Avengers #36 (LGY #736), Alex Ross Timeless ‘Ghost Rider’ virgin variant.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There a few Newton Rings inside the back, as well as a few cosmetic scuffs on both sides.

$55

076e51bbed5f7c45d00a6996c3a5e84a.jpg.85fce6fa2d0f50c4cbeb800cb51b2d27.jpg

ef4c1eb1b823b5cd742c210f2d2ba84f.jpg.c7a7c9467dd8a51aaddac5f9b55080f5.jpg

Avengers #8 (2018 series). This is the JScottCampbell.com 'Mary Jane' edition D variant. It is signed by Campbell.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$140 (or best offer)

39907f37680480eba4a0130ddec8a450.jpg.2f0b78d7dd2607893c2c21debd260d96.jpg

41572a7980951b9c546510c0983fff32.jpg.d28245cac569dee9edb334c864cbfda8.jpg

Avengers Finale #1, Neal Adams cover.  This one-shot comic, featuring pretty much every character in the Avengers universe, won the 2004 Wizard Fan Award for Favorite One-Shot.

VF, or better.  A press will help.  The bottom spine corner shows a very small bend through the comic.  Both covers show some minor ink wear along the spine.

$5

828682911_1(2).thumb.jpg.98d023123a03e4f9f3d09667d8cd3d77.jpg

360742754_2(2).thumb.jpg.19476faaa09cf9d14cbc487d610ea763.jpg

Avengers: Timeslide #nn, foil wrap-around cover.  This is a one-shot story, featuring other Marvel characters 'out of uniform'.

VF+, or better.  A press will help a bit.  Near the top spine corner is a mild edge bend that goes through the whole comic.  The front cover shows a couple of half-moon indentations to the right of Cap's shield that don't break the ink.  There are a few spots of wear on the spine as well.

$4

img20231010_09445158.jpg

img20231010_09453992.jpg

The Last Avengers Story #1 and #2.  This 2-part series features a new Avengers team (at the time of production), the 1st appearance of Benji Parker, as well as an appearance by Kang The Conqueror.  Issue #1 is a direct edition copy.  Both comics have acetate cover overlays.  I am selling these as a 'lot'.

NM-, or better.  Both acetate overlays (each comic) show spots of very light cosmetic scratches/scuffs, especially near the spine.  The acetate cover would benefit from a light cleaning.

$15 (for the set)

img20231010_09463341.jpg

img20231010_09471544.jpg

img20231010_09480845.jpg

img20231010_09485258.jpg

Avengers West Coast #71 (direct).  This issue features Spider-Woman, and the cover is an homage to X-Men #101.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages.  Along with some spine stress creases/ticks, the front cover shows a very light bit of ink wear in spots all around the edges, while the back cover shows a few spots of very light soiling in spots along the spine.

$3

953645868_1(2).thumb.jpg.54d2618e1f08e1bae64787cea251c178.jpg

542435866_2(2).thumb.jpg.c45d5d6ecf5587c19c4c79e11a9e4d01.jpg

Avengers West Coast #79 (newsstand).  This issue features an appearance by Doctor Strange.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages.  A clean/press will help this comic a lot.

$2

img20230619_13103151(2).thumb.jpg.b833b6f24221b8ae79fdb32a172e5a15.jpg

img20230619_13111710(2).thumb.jpg.89029acb2287c994944f314d16a705c0.jpg

Avengers West Coast #93 (newsstand).  This issue features an appearance by Darkhawk.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages.  A press will help here.

$3

img20231010_10274454.jpg

img20231010_10282609.jpg

Avengers West Coast #95 (direct).  This issue features an appearances by Darkhawk and War Machine.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages.  Give this one a press. :)

$3

img20231010_10292958.jpg

img20231010_10303443.jpg

Avengers West Coast #96 (direct).  This issue is an Infinity Crusade cross-over, and it features appearances by Goddess and Spider-Woman.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages.  Again, a press will help.

$3

img20231010_10313075.jpg

img20231010_10321220.jpg

Avengers West Coast #97 (direct).  This issue is an Infinity Crusade cross-over, and it features a guest appearance by Quasar.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages.  Yup....press it!!! :)

$3

img20231010_10330385.jpg

img20231010_10335528.jpg

Avengers West Coast Annual #7 (direct).  This issue is Assault on Armor City, Part 2.  It features an appearance by Darkhawk.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages.  A press may help this one.

$4

img20231010_10344990.jpg

img20231010_10353061.jpg

Avengers: Invaders sketchbook, one-shot.  This giveaway comic features sketch art by Alex Ross and Steve Sadowski, as well as the cover art from the first four issues in the series.

VF+, or better.  A press could help this one as well.

$3

img20231010_10362095.jpg

img20231010_10372754.jpg