• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's FRANKENSTEIN directed by Guillermo del Toro (TBD)

6 posts in this topic

image.png.92f0e7a7092bdf7b4a6f232d020ffbe8.png

According to our intel, Netflix first optioned Elizabeth S. Wrightson’s Frankenstein in March 2022. This is optioning the visual representation that Bernie Wrightson developed for the character who sadly passed away in 2017.

The project has been in development in multiple locations before landing at Netflix, with Del Toro talking about the project as far back as 2008.

Gary Ungar and J. Miles Dale are producing the project, with Dan Laustsen serving as director of photography and Robin D. Cook and Denise Chamian casting the project. Jason Young is spearheading the project at Netflix.

Del Toro officially acknowledged the project himself at the Pacific Rim 10th Anniversary IMAX 3D Event in early October 2023, telling Collider:

“I’m doing Frankenstein. We’re working on it, we start shooting on it in February. It’s a movie I’ve been wanting to do for 50 years since I saw the first Frankenstein and I had an epiphany and is basically a movie that requires a lot of growht and a lot of tools that I couldn’t have done 10 years ago, 20 years ago and now I’m brave or crazy enough or something and we’re going to tackle it.”