• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do we buy graded golden age comics? Support Group Thread........ Raw Sharing only!!!!!
3 3

70 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2023 at 4:09 PM, fifties said:

What used to be a VG they now seem to grade as a Fine. 

Overstreet, OTOH, has not changed their grading standards

OK so this needs to be broken down....... its true.........

This is very true and I would like to know why they cognizantly chose to do this at some point?

I have an opinion........... They want to say Bob Overstreet is a Bum..........

we are better......... we know the real deal not Bob

What say the crowd? Once they defeat Bob then Doom and Skull is next.

They take our comics..............

On 10/31/2023 at 1:28 PM, JB123 said:

What about OLD Skool New Bag Technology? Before Slabbing we pressed in the bathroom for moisture and then placed the fresher comic in a fresh Robert Bell Bag and Board!!!!!!! I would grade the comic as well............

I did a good job compared to what they do today albeit my volume was suspect compared to CGC

I'm trustworthy? I can grade? Why does a child grading at CGC have more clout than a 60 year old who sniffs paper for a hobby?

How could that be?

i've peeled so many browning robert bell bags off the comics i no longer have! and some i probably still have, lol. anything good has an acid free back board and a mylite.

On 10/31/2023 at 6:44 PM, circumstances said:

combine either a robert bell bag or a glad bag with cheap tape, and OY

I know - its starts out as disgust..... then you get the comic out of the bag and you are mesmerized by it and forget all about old Robert!!!!!!!

You cant believe this came in mail from Rogofsky!!!!!!!!

Scoop - Where the Magic of Collecting Comes Alive! - Howard Rogofsky Collection On Sale (previewsworld.com)

On 10/31/2023 at 10:28 AM, JB123 said:

What about OLD Skool New Bag Technology? Before Slabbing we pressed in the bathroom for moisture and then placed the fresher comic in a fresh Robert Bell Bag and Board!!!!!!! I would grade the comic as well............

Who needs bags, boards circa 1965? Keeping all comics and hot BLB's raw with Burt Blum of Cherokee Bookshop, CA, USA. Pic courtesy of Bob Beerbohm's fb pg:

image.jpeg.bb1d19604eb545228d8fb46de9a671ce.jpeg

On 10/31/2023 at 7:07 PM, aardvark88 said:

Who needs bags, boards circa 1965? Keeping all comics and hot BLB's raw with Burt Blum of Cherokee Bookshop, CA, USA. Pic courtesy of Bob Beerbohm's fb pg:

I want the tattered stack on bottom right.......... Bad!!!!!!

On 10/31/2023 at 7:11 PM, aardvark88 said:

Since we are sharing, I will take the bottom left corner Detective Comics 27, Whiz 2 (1) and Human Torch 3(?).

Ok i'll be by to pay the wife a little less than you did for them a little later on!!!!!!

She sold me the church bulletins as well!!!!

Thats the old joke. The wife threw out every comic book and saved every church bulletin!!!!!

On 10/31/2023 at 7:07 PM, aardvark88 said:

Here this is funny..... Burt looks like he's saying to himself... i don't know whether I should sell this or not?

Price increase!!!!!!!!!