• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scream 7
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Scream 7 is having a lot of major casting issues this week.  

As we saw in Scream 6, Neve Campbell wasn’t in it because she said they wouldn’t pay her what she deserved after 25 years in the franchise.

The new two lead stars became Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega. This week Melissa was fired for possible Pro-Palestine comments and Jenna said she will not return due to filming Wednesday. 

As much as I like Hayden, I am not for sure she can carry the movie with a new cast. They better plan on paying Neve. 

I don't really care for the Scream franchise. I thought Scream 1 was okay and 2-4 were trash but I had nothing to watch so I watched Scream 5 and that way okay and I really like 6. They  went in a weird direction with that one. So I was actually waiting for Scream 7. Both Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega had interesting characters. Unless they bring Melissa and  Jenna back just reboot Scream again.

On 11/23/2023 at 11:27 PM, godzilla43 said:

I don't really care for the Scream franchise. I thought Scream 1 was okay and 2-4 were trash but I had nothing to watch so I watched Scream 5 and that way okay and I really like 6. They  went in a weird direction with that one. So I was actually waiting for Scream 7. Both Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega had interesting characters. Unless they bring Melissa and  Jenna back just reboot Scream again.

The interesting thing about Scream is that they don’t need to even reboot. Anyone can pick up the mask and carry it on so they could have a brand new cast within the same continuity. 

I actually love the series. I am not really a fan of Jenna but I really liked Melissa (and Hayden). 

I liked the older sister better.  

You’re right though, it’s easy enough to be able to swap the cast out and go a different direction.  It would be smart to do something to keep Campbell involved though.  

As long as the story is clever and the kills are good, people won’t be bothered too much by a new direction.