• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED — HALF OFF WHAT’S LEFT! An Unusual Thread - Production Photocopies
2 2

139 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2023 at 7:43 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

These are pretty cool, @Readcomix, thanks for making them available here.

Thank you David. I've told it before but it also belongs in this thread: I met Dan Green when I was a high school kid. There were no comic book conventions in small cities in the 80's so I started a comic book club so we could create one. Greg Larocque was a regular at the same LCS, and he helped us get guests. He started with Herb Trimpe, and Herb got hold of Dan, the Pinis, Joe Sinnott, Joe Staton, Fred Hembeck. So I met Dan at our first show. Lost touch with him after that era, but I stumbled upon an LCS an hour from my house a few years back and there was some OA on the wall, all inked by Dan. I bought a Lopez Batman page and asked about a Buscema page from Kull 1 (1983). To my surprise, the LCS owner offered to connect me directly with Dan, as he was more concerned about helping Dan make ends meet than his own commissions on art sales. Dan remembered me, we visited from time to time, and I bought art and books and things, all these production copies among them. But they are not for me to horde; these artifacts off pre-digital production should be spread among us. I figure these boards are the best place to share them with my fellow collectors. I'm glad everyone who has found the thread thus far seems to be enjoying it.

OK, give me a few minutes to shoot a few more. Dan is not in the credits on some of these; I don't know if he did some form of assisting work that is uncredited, or if he had them for some other reason. But they are all stapled and intact, and I'm trying to move through those first. There are other loose pages that need to be sorted to see if I have complete books, and a few stapled books that start on page 3. It's possible a couple pages detached and are in the loose pages pile. I'll make full books of the loose stuff where I can, but I want to get the intact full book up first so I can focus on a smaller pile to sort.

Great news! I spoke to my postmaster, who looked up the regulations — manuscripts of periodicals are acceptable for media mail, so I am willing to offer that option and include a note citing the postal code, if you want to go that route. I Will also offer my original stated shipping terms too for those who prefer. But we have a choice. (thumbsu

Busy day, but I hope to sort and post more later.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:59 PM, Readcomix said:

Batman Legends of the Dark Knight #156 Dan Green inks over Val Semeiks. All story pages; stapled. $20

(This is the one that led me to believe they are uncorrected proofs lol)

IMG_9915.jpeg

IMG_9916.jpeg

IMG_9917.jpeg

I think I need this one. Too cool to pass up:takeit:

On 12/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, mytastebud said:

I think I need this one. Too cool to pass up:takeit:

^^ Fire the apps! The Chef inna houz! LODK #156 goes to MyTastebud! Thanks David! :headbang:

I think this thread is still under the radar a bit. Shocked that one lasted as long as it did. Slow roll is good though; lotta fun stuff coming from Dan's archives....

:news: SOLD! Dr. Strange #60 Dan Green’s uninked pencils, pages 1-10 unstapled. (Dr Strange 57-60 is the classic story where Dracula tries to steal the Darkhold from the Scarlet Witch at the Avengers Mansion. Dr. Strange may be the only character in the Marvel Universe to have placed a phone call to Avengers Mansion to say in so many words I’m coming over to protect you guys. lol) $20

IMG_9958.jpeg

IMG_9959.jpeg

IMG_9960.jpeg

IMG_9961.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix