• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think this Incredible Hulk #181 deserves a second opinion . . .

68 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear about the flood David frown.gif

(At first I thought you were speaking metaphorically..)

Maybe insurance will kick in? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doubt it - no flood insurance, and no collection coverage. This afternoon I also found out that I lost nearly all of my Baseball cards 73-74-75 Topps, and my Grandfather's stamp collection. Kathleen lost her Architecture books and we both lost historical photos - we are totally exhausted from cleaning up, but safe and sound. My daughter went to school today, but we stayed home another day to contact HVAC guys, continue the clean-up, and assess what needs to be done.

Virtually everything at a height of less than a foot was completely damaged - it came so fast and early in the morning - freaky. The heating ducts are filled with water and broken - once we can dry up a bit, they all need to be replaced. We've got industrial carpet dryers running around the clock. confused-smiley-013.gifcrazy.gif

I was most hurt by hearing the loss of the photos and Grandpa's stamp collection (I think all Grandfathers collected stamps) but then I was thankful that everyone is safe and sound. Lots of cleanup I know 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dan

Sorry to hear about the flood David frown.gif

(At first I thought you were speaking metaphorically..)

Maybe insurance will kick in? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doubt it - no flood insurance, and no collection coverage. This afternoon I also found out that I lost nearly all of my Baseball cards 73-74-75 Topps, and my Grandfather's stamp collection. Kathleen lost her Architecture books and we both lost historical photos - we are totally exhausted from cleaning up, but safe and sound. My daughter went to school today, but we stayed home another day to contact HVAC guys, continue the clean-up, and assess what needs to be done.

Virtually everything at a height of less than a foot was completely damaged - it came so fast and early in the morning - freaky. The heating ducts are filled with water and broken - once we can dry up a bit, they all need to be replaced. We've got industrial carpet dryers running around the clock. confused-smiley-013.gifcrazy.gif

I was most hurt by hearing the loss of the photos and Grandpa's stamp collection (I think all Grandfathers collected stamps) but then I was thankful that everyone is safe and sound. Lots of cleanup I know 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dan

Thanks Dan - My wife and I are suffering from some kind of post-traumatic stress syndrome - we're afraid of rain now crazy.gif

My house is flooded - I'm a bit busy for this. frown.gif

frown.gif

My basement got flooded this summer. Destroyed everything a up to 2-3 feet high as we were gone for two weeks and everything began to mold. Some moderns were destroyed. No big books there though. Lost some precious family vidoes and photos, the piano, furniture etc. Had to struggle with insurance but they agreed to pay for everything. Diva, the cleanup is expensive as the disaster guys charge big bucks for the machinery like air scrubbers and dryers. Look into your policy and see what is and is not covered. Get a second opinion. Keep us posted on progress and thank God no one was hurt.

Link all the boarders to the original grading thread to see where (pre-second) opinion to see where they landed.

Congrats Divad on the Hulks R Us....not the 9.0 you wanted, but still a decent grade.

I still think the 182 was nicer.