• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE CALL OF CTHULHU developed by James Wan (TBD)

5 posts in this topic

image.png.6d7aaf7d54f30c9655eb86d952dab7c0.png

Film projects with genre supremos James Wan, Sam Raimi and Roy Lee attached as producers are set to be turned into video games by ambitious new Sino-American fund Stars-Hana, which we revealed in October.

The fund combines Peter Luo’s Stars Collective, Chinese firm Hana Investment and Starlight Media: the three partners hosted a launch event in LA last month. The idea is to invest in verticals including film, TV, comics, games, collectibles, consumer goods, AI and new tech over a three-year period.

The fund is partnering with game companies including Tencent and Tencent-owned DreamSky Technology, as well as HYJZ and Forevernine, to develop games based on the following projects, some of which have been announced and some we are revealing for the first time today:

• The Garfield Movie, starring Chris Pratt
  • Every House is Haunted, from Sam Raimi and Roy Lee
  • The Burden, from James Wan and Sam Raimi
  • Hunting Season from James Wan and Don Murphy
  • James Wan’s The Call of Cthulhu, Mass Extinction and GMO
  • The Goxfather with Jon M. Chu
  • Memory Lost in Space, based on the novels by Tong Hua

Wan recently described Call Of Cthulhu, an adaptation of the classic horror short story by science-fiction writer H. P. Lovecraft., as a “dream project” and one he had been quietly working on for five years. The story involves a man investigating a demonic cult known as Cthulhu.

Edited by Bosco685

Eh, Sam Raimi has bombed one too many times for me to have faith in anything he has a hand in

That said however, Evil Dead Rise was well done. The lead actress was absolutely astounding and I hope she has a lot more to give to the industry, I am enchanted