• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strategies for "wrestling" a piece away from another collector.......

29 posts in this topic

Too bad I don't have a acting bone in my body. If I did, maybe I would have Pacino's money, and could buy some of the artwork I wanted. No money from the book by Peter Mass either. Oh well.--Joe Serpico

$$$$ AINT EVERYTHING. You are Serpico !!!! That in itself is very cool. You are a legend !

What i would do after you get past the intial advice that was given is stay in touch with the collector. If you make an offer, he rejects it and you think that is that....every few months, email the guy and just say hello...and that you are still interested....sometimes it's just timing and you might catch him at a time that he needs to sell something and you happen to have cash in hand.....I have done it. Patience and being in touch can reward you......

Totally agree with this. The guy may not want to sell right now, but he might someday, and you want to be the first person he calls when he does. Being in his mental Rolodex is critical to ensuring that you'll be at the right place at the right time.

Too bad I don't have a acting bone in my body. If I did, maybe I would have Pacino's money, and could buy some of the artwork I wanted. No money from the book by Peter Mass either. Oh well.--Joe Serpico

Hi Joe, glad to see you're on the boards. Welcome! hi.gif

You could always email him to start the conversation.

I really want some pages from the original G.I.Joe 27 for personal reasons. I was speaking to someone that collects Joe art and he has 5 pages from that issue but wanted ridiculous money for them like 7-8 times FMV. I had to pass on them at that price however it was comforting to know that if I -really- wanted a page that I could've, had I wanted to spend that kind of money.

You never know.

I'm also in the same scenario with someone on CAF that has 7-8 pages from one issue of a Barry Windsor Smith comic. I really want one of those pages (any one) but have yet to email him. I will one day though.

I typed all of this and then realized that I didn't really offer any help to your post. Sorry.

Is it the fight between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow?

I really want some pages from the original G.I.Joe 27 for personal reasons. I was speaking to someone that collects Joe art and he has 5 pages from that issue but wanted ridiculous money for them like 7-8 times FMV. I had to pass on them at that price however it was comforting to know that if I -really- wanted a page that I could've, had I wanted to spend that kind of money.

Is it the fight between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow?

That's the one. Do you have any pages from that issue? smile.gif