• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dan Parent Private Signing
2 2

23 posts in this topic

I asked the below in the Ask CGC forum Wednesday morning and my post is still sitting there unapproved. CGC customer service seems to not have the answer. 

@CGC Mike can you look into this?

Is the Dan Parent private signing still scheduled? There's been no mention of it anywhere, and the original announcement has dropped off the private signing list on the CGC website. 

On 2/2/2024 at 7:38 AM, Ryan. said:

I asked the below in the Ask CGC forum Wednesday morning and my post is still sitting there unapproved. CGC customer service seems to not have the answer. 

@CGC Mike can you look into this?

Is the Dan Parent private signing still scheduled? There's been no mention of it anywhere, and the original announcement has dropped off the private signing list on the CGC website. 

Dan is quite active on IG. He is currently in Alaska for a con there. I am guessing, and hoping it will take place sometime this month.

• Administrator

@Ryan.  I did e-mail the SS Supervisor and the SS Director Friday afternoon.  I have yet to hear back from them.  I expect this is due to Megacon.   Most likely, this is why customer service never answered you.  I will bump the e-mail Monday.   

On 2/4/2024 at 9:15 AM, CGC Mike said:

@Ryan.  I did e-mail the SS Supervisor and the SS Director Friday afternoon.  I have yet to hear back from them.  I expect this is due to Megacon.   Most likely, this is why customer service never answered you.  I will bump the e-mail Monday.   

Thanks, Mike. 

On 2/6/2024 at 8:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

This is what I was told:

The Signature Series team is working with Dan to have the books signed soon.

:wishluck:

I emailed the SS team, this what they responded with. 

" The Dan Parent signing should be concluded by end of month! At that point, the 6-8 turnaround time will begin. Thank you, in-advance, for your patience!"

On 2/22/2024 at 12:25 PM, Maboc said:

I emailed the SS team, this what they responded with. 

" The Dan Parent signing should be concluded by end of month! At that point, the 6-8 turnaround time will begin. Thank you, in-advance, for your patience!"

Awesome!

It seems the signing has been done, and books are being graded! I would of assumed either CGC, or Dan himself would of posted something being as active on IG as he is. My books just went into G/E/I!

On 2/29/2024 at 12:21 PM, Maboc said:

Both mine were shipped today! They look amazing, and I am super happy with them!

Sabrina Signed Book.jpg

Cheryl Blossom Signed.jpg

Those look really nice. Did you have them go through CCS?

On 2/29/2024 at 1:59 PM, Maboc said:

I did not. I had them pressed through a third party.

Thanks. Mine are still Received at CCS so I probably have a few more weeks of waiting.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:00 AM, Ryan. said:

Thanks. Mine are still Received at CCS so I probably have a few more weeks of waiting.

Yeah, CCS slows things down considerably. I have a couple in there from the most recent Artgerm signing, they just got out of Received at CCS. Other people were getting theirs back within 5 days of the signing. If you look at the date on the these books, it was one week today that they were signed. They were signed, shipped by Dan back to CGC, graded and shipped out within a week.

On 2/29/2024 at 2:26 PM, Maboc said:

Yeah, CCS slows things down considerably. I have a couple in there from the most recent Artgerm signing, they just got out of Received at CCS. Other people were getting theirs back within 5 days of the signing. If you look at the date on the these books, it was one week today that they were signed. They were signed, shipped by Dan back to CGC, graded and shipped out within a week.

Woah, that is quick.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:21 AM, Maboc said:

Both mine were shipped today! They look amazing, and I am super happy with them!

Sabrina Signed Book.jpg

Cheryl Blossom Signed.jpg

Mine went from GEI to completed today. So, they definitely graded fast once they entered grading. Yours look great! I was very happy with mine also!