• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Tightshirt and the Sisterhood of the Intergalactic Traveling Pants
2 2

23 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2024 at 9:29 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I probably see it through the eyes of a big Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers fan. As a reader of the post-2000 stuff, I really like her character and I think Brie Larsen brings the right attitude to the portrayal. But I am definitely in the minority.

However, I don't blindly accept every Hollywood adaptation of my favorite properties. What they did with Preacher - compared to the source material - was atrocious. Even as lackluster as Marvels was in comparison to the first Captain Marvel movie, I still feel there's quite a few things out there they've developed worse than that one. Marvels is likely one watch and done - which is too bad, because I probably watch the first Captain Marvel once or twice a year.

saw it the other day and liked it very much. i thought Kamala was very funny and brought levity that wasn't forced naturally into the film

i think the actors used for Monica and the villian were poor choices

i also think the issue with these movies, is that it's missing the "must see" appeal of the first group of movies, they were events, these don't have the same urgency and necessity like before

probably could have been a streaming only movie and it would have been fine for me

much more enjoyable than many recent films (ant man 3, thor love and thunder (had some real potential) and bp2)