• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #45 w/ Internal page edge chips

8 posts in this topic

The "chipping" looks like some sort of critter chew, why/how only half of the interior pages?

Cover wrap off center, slight spine roll, a few small color breaking spine ticks, chew on outer edge of interior pages

Without the "Chew". VF+ 8.5

With the "Chew" (and this is only my opinion) FN 6.0

I do not know if the new CGC Grading Guide has anything specific on this, otherwise it is all just a...download.jpg

Are you going to submit the book? Agree with marvelmaniac that midgrade in the 6s feels about right... but I would hold out hope that the missing paper could be deemed a production defect. The fact that both covers are completely untouched, plus the right page edges looking a bit rough-hewn in general... *might* mean that there was some issue with the original paper stock, or a bad production cut that somehow took out a chunk. Just a thought.

No, I'm not going to submit this book. 

I am in the slow process of cataloging for eventual sale.  Knowing the approximate grade will help me get into a range of market prices.

Thanks again for your input which is very much appreciated!

Edited by Pukie
brevity

On 2/16/2024 at 2:02 PM, Pukie said:

Any thoughts on grade with the chew if the chew is determined to be a production issue?

I would imagine it could still grade in the VF range if it is not rodent or bug chew. As is, I think Fine might be hitting it too harshly. I feel 7.0-7.5 would be more where it has a shot at falling with that flaw.